• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns lone wolf barrels

Duff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
Laramie, Wyoming
are they any more accurate than stock barrels? looking at getting a threaded barrel for my XD45. just wondering if they're more prone to help or hurt the performance of my handgun. any better options out there?

Re: lone wolf barrels

Accuracy is in the shooter I see allot of these barrels on the USPSA range and they are good most are used to allow the use of lead bullets that the factory glock barrels are not rated for. They are good product but I dont belive they are more accurate than stock maybe a tick. I do like the way the threaded barrels look on the guns and I like the discrete ones that do not have the big wolf logo on the barrel hood.

yeah i hopefully the one im looking at doesnt have it scribbled everywhere. i cant really tell from the pictures. anyways thank you!

Depends on application-

Some people want an extended threaded barrel and the LWD barrels do that well. They also have conventional rifling which works better for lead bullets over polygonal rifling ( if you pistol has it).

just took a quick look at KKM doesnt seem like they make barrels for spring fields. any other options?

I've 2 threaded LW's for shooting cast bullets in a G-24 & G-21. They both group better than the std barrels with jacketed pills as well.

The one thing I don't like is both, have much tighter chambers than I prefer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was a car it would be a Hyundai. You can do much better. </div></div>

Lol.
Well I have 3 LWD barrels, 1 Barstow, had a Jarvis and a lot of factory barrels as well. The LWD barrels I have & use have all been excellent.
The chambers are usually tighter and that is the only complaint I have heard.
Concentricity with my threaded barrels are near perfect.

I bought one for my carry G23 so I could shoot reloads. It DOES have a tight chamber, but overall, it's not too bad.

I've got two, one for my G27 and G22. The 22 is a dual port and the 27 is stock length. I haven't changed the reloads I use and have noticed a decrease in group size.