• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Lone Wolf Timberwolf Glock frame

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
A few weeks ago I read a thread about the Lone Wolf Glock frames and I became very interested. I decided to call them and ask if their frame would work with my Gen 1 Glock 24C. I was told they were designed to replace Gen 3 frames and there have been a few fit issues with the Gen 1 guns but they had not heard any issues concerning a 24C so I went ahead and placed an order.

The frame arrived about a week later and I was happy from the first touch. Fit and finish is excellent and the parts swap was simple with no issues. First off I should say I am a 1911 enthusiast and as such use a 1911 as my daily carry. If you are like me and prefer the feel of a 1911 then you might be like me and really enjoy the Lone Wolf frame. It makes my Glock feel very comfortable in my hand and very similar to a 1911 feel.

I have now put a good number of rounds down range and have nothing negative to say about the frame swap. Several of my friends have also spent some time with it and all have the same opinion...The Lone Wolf frame is far superior in feel to the original frame. An added benefit for me is that the mag release is much easier for me to reach with my thumb and does not require me to rotate the gun when reloading. Also, mags drop free as expected.

Here are a few pics for comparison

P3100095.jpg

P3100094.jpg

P3100100.jpg

P3100097.jpg

Re: Lone Wolf Timberwolf Glock frame

I like the looks of that. Now i may be able to enjoy shooting one.

I like this idea.

I'm sure I'll catch some flack for this, but...My biggest complaint with the Glock line of pistols is that they have a different grip angle that my other handguns. I have to focus more making sure I bring it inline with the sights because it doesn't point as instinctively for me. This seems like a viable option to change the grip angle for mine rather than send it out for a grip reduction/ modification.
JMC

Just got mine for a Glock 17 and it feels great. My two biggest complaint about glocks have been the grip angle and triggers. The Timberwolf effectively mimics the 1911 grip and makes the gun feel much better for me and just about everyone around me at the shop after I finished putting it together. Gonna run a hundred through her tomorrow morning and hopefully another couple hundred later that night so lets hope everything works out.

100 flawless rounds so far, updates to fallow.

Update: I'm noticing that the slide is leaning to the left and the trigger and locking block pins started to drift out the right side. Has anyone noticed similar issues?

300 rounds, still no function issues and the pins look like they've settled in and no longer creep.