• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LONG 10/22 barrel opinions

shaman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2008
Frankfort, Kentucky
Found a 29" 10/22 barrel used for $125. Only $25 less than new, but got me thinking. I know that the longer barrel will quiet things down, and since they come with a semi-match chamber, i thought it would be a welcome upgrade for subsonics without the stamp. Does anyone have one, and how do you like the longer barrels?

Re: LONG 10/22 barrel opinions

I also saw these. There is a thread in the barrel section of rimfire central web site forum.

Not a 10/22, but I have a CZ 452 bolt action with 28" barrel. It is VERY quiet. While I don't have a dedicated .22 suppressor, it is nearly as quiet unsuppressed as my 10/22 with a .30 cal suppressor attached. It is a lighweight barrel and is surprisingly not unwieldy. Not nearly as bad as a centerfire with an equal length barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a 10/22, but I have a CZ 452 bolt action with 28" barrel. It is VERY quiet. While I don't have a dedicated .22 suppressor, it is nearly as quiet unsuppressed as my 10/22 with a .30 cal suppressor attached. It is a lighweight barrel and is surprisingly not unwieldy. Not nearly as bad as a centerfire with an equal length barrel. </div></div>

I had a Win 52 with a long barrel (not sure on the length) and with subs it was almost as quite as shooting with a can

I have the barrel you are talking about, and it is quiet.I also put in a magnum trigger spring and heavy guide rod spring and it keeps the action shut with cb longs....but you have to cycle the bolt manually. I was plinking off my back deck and the wife was inside 12'away behind a glass door, she didn't know I was shooting.It was minute of squirrel with the CB's .The same co. that sells the barrels also makes a bolt lock for the 10/22, keeps the breech closed, I did it with springs and lighter rounds.CB longs are quieter than .22 shorts.