• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long action 10rd box mag?

Snoprokf

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2022
Minnesota
I picked up a rem 700 243 ackley ridiculously cheap and it showed up built on a long action. I know I should have paid more attention but here we are. Aside from screwing it on to a short action is there any dbm setups out there where I can get a 10 round capacity? I'd like to have it as a backup prs gun/practice gun

Do you have a DBM currently or do you need one? Have one, measure the inside. If you don’t, look into r700 la DBM then find a magazine from there. You may need to use a 300 wm mag and tweak the lips

Do you have a DBM currently or do you need one? Have one, measure the inside. If you don’t, look into r700 la DBM then find a magazine from there. You may need to use a 300 wm mag and tweak the lips
I have the rifle in a crappy archangel stock. I'd like to drop it in a foundation or manners but I need to figure out this mag/bottom metal situation before I order one. I have all kinds of short action stuff but virtually zero long action stuff. I've done a fair bit of googling for LA bottom metals (so the action screws line up) but when you look for long action mags most are 5 round maybe 7. That mdt one caught my attention but I can't find any hole to hole measurements to make sure the xm bottom metal and long action mate.