• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long action AI magazines

wade2big

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
Accurate mag lists three options in their 300wm magazines. These are outside dimensions of the magazines.
3715”
3.775”
3.850”

The 3.850” should be CIP length and will require a CIP M5 bottom metal. I’m confused on the other two. I believe the 3.715” length magazine fits standard LA M5 bottom metal. What does a 3.775” magazine fit?

I’m probably wrong but;

3.715 is standard long action. Think .30-06
3.775 is long action magnum. Think 300wm or 7mm rem mag
3.850 is the cip length

I’m probably wrong but;

3.715 is standard long action. Think .30-06
3.775 is long action magnum. Think 300wm or 7mm rem mag
3.850 is the cip length
I would have believed you if you said it with more confidence. I have no choice but to dismiss everything you just wrote. ;)

All three sizes are listed as 300wm class cartridges and I’m only aware of two lengths of M5 bottom metal.

Not exactly.
3.715 is standard AICS Mag length, includes 300WM. Feed lip design will dictate which cartridge family it will work for.

3.775 - never seen anything it fits.

3.850 is CIP length. Again, feed lip design….

Reactions: wade2big
Not exactly.
3.715 is standard AICS Mag length, includes 300WM. Feed lip design will dictate which cartridge family it will work for.

3.775 - never seen anything it fits.

3.850 is CIP length. Again, feed lip design….
I’ve been searching and I found that the 3.775” mags fit the AI chassis apparently. I bet a boatload of people purchase the wrong mags in LA. 😂

Reactions: smoooth1
The 3.715" is the "standard" LA AICS magazine length and will work with most LA calibers from 30-06 and .270 up through 7mm RM and 300 WM. The 3.775" length was a proprietary length created by Remington for some of their LA receivers, but has long been discarded and we decided it wasn't worth making a magazine for. The 3.850" CIP length is becoming the new standard for LA magazines as it is better suited for very long loaded ammunition and new case designs like the 300 PRC or 300 NM.

Realistically, you'll be shopping for 3.715" mags in most cases, and only 3.850" magazines if you want to run a long loaded round, in an action that is cut to accept it :)

We also made a 4.050" magazine for some customers a few years ago that wanted to magazine feed extremely long rounds, but those haven't really gone anywhere for adoption, because most people wanting to run long loaded solid projectiles will typically single feed.

- Josh

I’ve been searching and I found that the 3.775” mags fit the AI chassis apparently. I bet a boatload of people purchase the wrong mags in LA. 😂
You just need to find a chassis that will fit everything and build a bolt action Lego set