• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long action Origin switch barrel 223 to 300 PRC?

LMTMWS

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2017
This may be asking way too much but I am looking at a long action Bighorn Origin for my next hunting rig. I am trying to figure out a way to switch bolt heads and barrel to use as a 223 training rifle as well. Any suggestions? Is this possible? How would I do it as far as the mag?

308 would probably be easier. My only thoughts is something like a centerfeed BDL mag that you can adjust the feed lips in for 223. Doubt it would work with the box being as wide as it is though.

Get a Ruger American in 223. Or another short action build...

Going to fight .223 in a L/A a lot.

Reactions: LMTMWS
Thanks guys, I scoured the internet looking for examples and figured as much but wanted to ask before I gave up.

Get a Ruger American in 223. Or another short action build...

Going to fight .223 in a L/A a lot.
Got a RPR in 223 already. May do exactly that though. Long and short action Origins or TL3s.

Reactions: jackinfl
Honestly with the seemingly success of the 6br mag kits I'm surprised no one has made mag kits for the long action stuff, then again I'm really not because how many people really run long actions in non LA calibers (was hoping to do basically the same with a Terminus Helios)

Last edited:
Honestly with the seemingly success of the 6br mag kits I'm surprised no one has made mag kits for the long action stuff, then again I'm really not because how many people really run long actions in non LA calibers (was hoping to do basically the same with a Terminus Helios)
would be nice for SAUM/Sherman/WSM builds but aside from that not much use

Reactions: 7mmShooter