• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long action to short mag conversion kit

tydex21

Sleepy
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Hello all,
Does anyone make a long action to short action magazine conversion kit similar to a PVA or Primal Rights 6 BR kit? My intent is to get a 6mm creed to feed out of a long action. I am 100% aware that it should be on a short action, but it is not. I’m not going to going to go into it, but the gun is built and it was basically a dying wish so I am trying to make it function as well as possible. I also know it would probably be cheaper to just put the barrel on a different action, but again, not my goal and not an option. I’m willing to pay the cost of fabrication if this doesn’t exist yet which I’m sure will equate to twice the price of a good magazine but oh well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Bravo6
Use a 30-06 mag, should feed fine, no conversion kit needed. I run .284 out of my 300WM CIP length mags without issues or modifications of any sort.
You can seat the rounds forward if you wish, just like a Dasher / BR.

Reactions: 1snowcat
Use a 30-06 mag, should feed fine, no conversion kit needed. I run .284 out of my 300WM CIP length mags without issues or modifications of any sort.
You can seat the rounds forward if you wish, just like a Dasher / BR.

That looks promising! Thanks! I have an accurate 30-06 mag and the first six rounds feed fine... the last nose dives nearly every time.

That looks promising! Thanks! I have an accurate 30-06 mag and the first six rounds feed fine... the last nose dives nearly every time.

Does the last round nose dive if you only run 5 or 6 rds? Part of that problem is due to the follower design and spring location, as well as spring tension.
I bought some brand new 300WM CIP and had the same last-round-nose-dive / bolt ride over top of case problem. Took the mag apart, stretched the spring out a bit, reassembled, problem solved!

Does the last round nose dive if you only run 5 or 6 rds? Part of that problem is due to the follower design and spring location, as well as spring tension.
I bought some brand new 300WM CIP and had the same last-round-nose-dive / bolt ride over top of case problem. Took the mag apart, stretched the spring out a bit, reassembled, problem solved!
I’ll give it a shot when I get home in Feb! Thanks!

Reactions: smoooth1
It worked out for a bit, but the true solution was to put a different barrel on that action