• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

long distance 22rl see bullet in flight.

ringet421

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2013
bowmanville ontario canada
i filmed a buddy that only shoots crossbow try my 22lr at a plate of steel 208 yards away one afternoon in the middle of nowhere, and saw in the vid a clear shot if the bullet in flight. not the vap trail but the actual bullet. its pretty cool to see how much it drops and the flight path of a 40 gr 22lr bullet.

22LR 208 YARDS SEE BULLET - YouTube

Shooting against a big snow covered berm, the 22lr bullet is easy to see through your scope. At 200+ yds it's fun to watch them "fall" into the target.

Always fun to see the bullet in flight. I've actually even seen it on occasions at 100 yards, but more often at 200. Thanks for the vid.

I understand your depiction of them falling into the target w/ the amount of drop on a .22. My .308 also falls into the target when I shoot it at 1,100 yards. However, both are lethal at the respective distances of 200 (even further) and 1,100 yards. .22's and the lack of respect for them at long distance is a Pet Peve of mine.

Last edited:
Sorry not picking on anyone, not being specific. Just the falling comment.

I've heard many, many people make comments when we shoot .22 out at 300 yards and farther make comments like, "you could probably catch them at that distance".

A .22LR is pretty lethal out to at least 400 yards.

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone. Just pointing out they may be dropping, but they are lethal.

I think something folks today seem to forget is that the old black powder Sharps, Trap Door Springfields, Remington Rolling Blocks, all chambered in 45-70, drop like a rock at long range. Look at the Creedmoor matches in the 1870's (800, 900, 1000 yards), if they had the scopes back then, they would certainly have seen a show watching those 45-70 rounds drop into those long range targets.

I don't think Tempest 455's comment was meant to offend anyone. I took it as he was just pointing out that they are still lethal even if one can see the .22 round dropping into the target at 200+ yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i sure didn't see many of my bullets hit the targets at 211yrd this past saturday at the 22TSC match LOL
i did see the drit fly though.

LOL!!! Good one!