• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long gun cases?

-Time-

Mediocre Marksman
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
What cases do y'all use, specifically for the longer bolt guns, like full chassis 24"+ barrels?

i have a Remington 700 300wm, in an AICS 2.0 stock, and I need a case for it, what are my hard and soft options?

I have a Storm iM3300 case for my long gun, and a Pelican 1720 for my AR. I recommend either. If you plan on traveling with them, especially by air, dont be cheap with the case. Whats $50-100 extra thats protecting a 5 grand+ rifle from damage?

I also recommend custom foam using PE Foam which is more rigid and will protect the rifle a lot more than standard ester foam, which is what is shipped with the cases. I went through My Case Builder and spent $430 on my iM3300 with custom foam and it was well worth it. Very easy to create a template using there online program and bought insurance for free re-dos, in case my measurements were wrong.

We offer our American Made, Precision Rifle Carry Case's sized to fit rifle OAL of 42" and 52".

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Precision-Rifle-Carry-Case.html

TriadDragBag_20130421_60D_16.jpg

I like the Triad case, but I'm tired of cleaning mud off my soft-cases. A light hard case for matches would be nice.

For a hard case option, I use a Pelican 1750. MidwayUSA seems to have them on sale every once in a while. I use mine to transport a .300WM with a 26" tube. Have been very happy with it.

For a hard case option, I use a Pelican 1750. MidwayUSA seems to have them on sale every once in a while. I use mine to transport a .300WM with a 26" tube. Have been very happy with it.

Do you mind posting a pic of it? I'd like to squeeze a data book, some ammo, and a few mags in the pelican, so I was thinking the triad bag inside of a foamless 1750, then I can use the soft case just to the range, etc. but use the hard case elsewhere. I have a hot wire table I could cut the foam out with if went just the 1750 route.

im just not sure how soft case in hard case, stacks up hard case w/ in terms of durability, or if it's a pain to have to deal with a soft and hard case at the same time.

I think it's wrong, size in the discription says size 50. It's the same case Armageddon Gear sells and they say 50". I'm an Edge member so I'll return it for free if it's not long enough.

I think it's wrong, size in the discription says size 50. It's the same case Armageddon Gear sells and they say 50". I'm an Edge member so I'll return it for free if it's not long enough.

I just saw that the Armageddon gear case looks so similar, and heard they make the MSR cases, so I'm gonna guess that it's just a typo in the description. Worth the risk for 50% off anyways, and if it doesn't work for me brownells has that great return policy.

Case ordered, thanks for the heads up!

MSR case is nice, but fundamental flaw of most soft cases is still present: handles centrally located. Dunno about you, but my rifles don't balance in the center.