• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Island NY Tactical 22 match

RonHam

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
Shoreham NY
FYI, not the normal precision 22 match but this should be a lot of fun :

<span style="font-weight: bold">"LIPSA is holding a .22 match in two weeks on the 22nd. Now's your chance to let your GSG shine. Break out the Ruger 10/22 or 22 pistol. No bitching about ammo prices. Here's the ".22 Combat match" you've been waiting for".

"3/22 .22 Match: Due to the high cost of ammunition, Simon and John, have decided to hold a .22 Match. This will be an IPSC style match. No holsters needed, shooting will start from the low ready position. This is a .22 caliber Pistol or Rifle match. Again, ten rounds only in each mag., but you will need two magazines per stage. Leave the high capacity stuff home along with the bolt action rifles, you need a semi-auto. 5 stages, 100 rds. $10 entry fee."</span>

The match will be held at the West Hampton LIPSA range. If there is a good turn out this can be a regular event.

Re: Long Island NY Tactical 22 match

Any more info on that range? I found their website (www.lipsa.us) but I couldn't find any info about what distances the range has, membership info, etc. Thanks for the heads up though. I'd love to get involved in some rimfire tactical events.

The range is a club that has a waiting list, from what I hear it takes about a year or two if you show up at a lot of matches and help out. I dont know the yearly fee. They have several pistol pits, a 100 yard range and a 200 yard range, its a big set up. LIPSA runs a bunch of matches but most are pistol set ups like IDPA.

The matches are all open to the public

Thanks again for the info. I found this on another forum while googling for info about this range. I have no clue if this is accurate info though. This was posted in response to someone asking about 1000yd ranges in the NY area:

"Check out LIPSA in Westhampton Beach in the eastern part of Long Island. The photo on their home page at www.lipsa.us shows a road in a downward slopign diagonal on the right, with various pistol ranges off the road. There is a berm at the end of the range which makes the entire road one very long range (I think it's 1000), but you need to coordinate a time when the pistol bays are not in use."

Yes there is a road but I dont think you can get a stright 1000 yard shot or anything close do to changes in elavation along the road. I dont think they would use it for long range any way, once in a while they streach the 200 out to 250 or so for matches.

So we are about a week out from the match. Anyone from the hide plan on attending?