• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long range fun in the dark, for poors

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Shot with a buddy last night. Started by shooting groups at 110 yards with CCI SV. I had 2 groups that were real nice.
Getting low on orange dots so I just drew a circle to shoot at. Seems I shoot better at smaller targets. Aim small miss small.
IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg

Moved back to 200 yards. Shot about 4-5 inch groups. All CCI SV. No pictures of that, boring big groups.

Went to 300 and shot a 36 inch steel plate. It was a base for a big oscillating shop fan. Makes a great 22 target.

IMG_0173.jpg

Shot this hood a few times at 300 to see where we were missing the steel plate. Corrected and when back to the round steel. Then moved to 400 and shot both the hood and the steel. Both of us shooting the steel and the hood, both with CCI SV. We were fairly centered but you can see the vertical from the velocity spread. While shooting the round steel I saw one shot splash dirt. measured with the reticle, 2 mils low, that one must have been extra slow.
IMG_0172.jpg

Buddys scope is an older Vortex PST. Works great but runs out of elevation, he's maxed out the dial and holding 8 or so mils to hit at 400.

My Athlon Helos BTR get 2 6-24 is maxed out. dial 22.2 to hit at 400, only .3 left to go up. I have over a mil of adjustment down from my zero. Currently running a 30 MOA Area 419 scope base. Looking to add an Arkan 20 MOA scope mount, should leave me with a little down travel with a 50 yard zero but be able to dial and hold with reticle out to 550 or so.
Local match sometimes holds a long range event. I'd like to be able to hang with those guys but it's going to take some better ammo and a little more elevation adjustment.

Almost forgot these. The deformed bullets were lodged in the hood, or had bounced back out and were in the dirt. The bullet butts were in the dirt in front of the steel. Lots of lead spray in front of the steel.
685812265 (1).jpg

Shot with a buddy last night. Started by shooting groups at 110 yards with CCI SV. I had 2 groups that were real nice.
Getting low on orange dots so I just drew a circle to shoot at. Seems I shoot better at smaller targets. Aim small miss small.
View attachment 7963364View attachment 7963365

Moved back to 200 yards. Shot about 4-5 inch groups. All CCI SV. No pictures of that, boring big groups.

Went to 300 and shot a 36 inch steel plate. It was a base for a big oscillating shop fan. Makes a great 22 target.

View attachment 7963367

Shot this hood a few times at 300 to see where we were missing the steel plate. Corrected and when back to the round steel. Then moved to 400 and shot both the hood and the steel. Both of us shooting the steel and the hood, both with CCI SV. We were fairly centered but you can see the vertical from the velocity spread. While shooting the round steel I saw one shot splash dirt. measured with the reticle, 2 mils low, that one must have been extra slow.
View attachment 7963371

Buddys scope is an older Vortex PST. Works great but runs out of elevation, he's maxed out the dial and holding 8 or so mils to hit at 400.

My Athlon Helos BTR get 2 6-24 is maxed out. dial 22.2 to hit at 400, only .3 left to go up. I have over a mil of adjustment down from my zero. Currently running a 30 MOA Area 419 scope base. Looking to add an Arkan 20 MOA scope mount, should leave me with a little down travel with a 50 yard zero but be able to dial and hold with reticle out to 550 or so.
Local match sometimes holds a long range event. I'd like to be able to hang with those guys but it's going to take some better ammo and a little more elevation adjustment.

Almost forgot these. The deformed bullets were lodged in the hood, or had bounced back out and were in the dirt. The bullet butts were in the dirt in front of the steel. Lots of lead spray in front of the steel.
View attachment 7963380
Looks like some rounds passed clean through that truck hood at 400! Cracks me up when people bust on me about the lack of lethality of a .22!
This was our truck hood backer for sighting in for a soda can shoot at 300:
829AEB8B-DD58-4402-BBE9-3D5512AED4F2.jpeg
D1C2B934-F1AD-40FC-BB24-C16C3C26F9C2.jpeg