• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Long Range Ground Hogs with the APA Badger M2008

oneshot976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2005
Mooresville, North Carolina
I got out yesterday for a little ground hog hunting on the family farm in VA with a few buddies, JHARRIS, 1eyedjack1 and Diesel from here on the hide. Things started a little slow due to the heat but as the day moved on a the evening air began to cool off a bit we started to get into the pigs. We rotated through the shoots first me then 1eyedjack1 and so on.....

1eyedjack1 and I took 5 from the same hole, all pretty short shots at about 120 yards. Still fun though making 5 head shots 3 for 1eyedjack1 and 2 for me. Diesel took 2, one from 206 yards and one from 250 yards. JHARRIS took 2 as well one out of the same hole as Diesel at 206 yards. Then came the longest shot opportunity of the day (so far) and it was JHARRIS turn at 360 yards, nice shot by the way!!

We continued to glass the area and I spotted one at 850 yards and it was my turn to shoot. I entered the data into the pocket PC on exbal and made the adjustments. 32.25moa of elevation it was, the wind was all over the place so I dialed 1.5 moa left wind and took the shot. It was a miss just to the right of the pig, I saw exactly where the bullet struck and new were to hold off for the follow up shot. The ground hog had no idea what had just happened and sat there looking around a bit confused. I cycled the bolt and held 1 mil left and took the shot and about 1.5 seconds later he rolled, dead pig!!

So for anybody questioning the perfomance of a short barreled rig I will have to say they will get the job done just like the long barreled ones!!
smile.gif
Not to mention shooting ground hogs with a can on your rifle makes the game so much more enjoyable.

All in all, it was a good day in the field with great friends!!

Thanks again to Dave and Jered and APA for a great rifle.

Oneshot

Re: Long Range Ground Hogs with the APA Badger M2008

Sounds like fun. Do you have any pics of some pigs you shot?

Re: Long Range Ground Hogs with the APA Badger M2008

xNF 9,
Sorry, no pics they are at the taxidermist. I will share pics when he is finished with them.
laugh.gif

Just kidding, we don't bother with pics of ground hogs. Just another varmint to us.

Oneshot

Re: Long Range Ground Hogs with the APA Badger M20

That was a great time! I thought I had ya'll beat with 360 until you reached waaaay out there with your new stick. Great shot...... Bastard!!!
mad.gif
grin.gif

Can't wait to do it again!

Jay

I have always had fun shooting pigs with oneshot, and we have done it alot. I tought the 600yrd shot 5 years ago was great but seeing that 850yrd was awesome with 18" 308. I guess I should have taken you up on the trade after all. What made that pig hunt one of the best ones, was hanging out with 3 other good friends Bull Shitting. I would say 4 but the guide was not on his game so he was running food and drinks.

Anyway very nice shooting Mike, one hell of a rifle. Nice shooting and rifle Jay and Harry.

I enjoyed it and can not wait until the next time.

Alex

300 Rum and 6.5x284.
Bro and buddy.
600 yrd dope.
Same spot, and miss.
Bro was quicker w/1.5 up for 284.

Baby chuck wasn't standing up!

Nice shootin'!

If you guys ever want a tag along, let me know.

Have rifle will travel.

smile.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You better be glad I wasn't there.
Nothing is safe..............
</div></div>

Jered,
The only thing left was the cows, my God man. Pull the damn hat back down over your eyes and ride!!
laugh.gif

Dammit man.... is nothing sacred?
blush.gif

Oneshot, remind me to wear a bell around my neck this year so Jered will know I'm friendly!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Jay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot those upon request as well. Like I said nothing is safe........... </div></div>

I still ain't seen the video?

I don't think we should post that one Veal. Pretty sure it's tucked away in the skeleton closet.

I'm off to snatch some big catfish out of there cozy little hole.
Going to try gloves this time.
You guys try not to shoot each eather.