• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

long Range near St. Louis mo?

Jb1289610

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2019
Does anybody happen to have info on ranges near St. Louis mo/Illinois? Only one halfway decent near me that I have heard of is benchrest shooting club but I would like a spot where I am allowed to lay prone and the environment isn’t so elitist.

There is a hyper-realistic two way range in East Saint Louis.

Real force on force stuff. Zombie waves, vehicle borne attacks, CQB.

The range safety officers call the range hot with such colorful phrases as “Motherfuckers! We gonna killz you for coming on down here!”.

Make sure you arrive in Company strength, and have QRF and helos to pull you out when you are done shooting.

You will know you are leaving grand range when you start to see police cars again - they don’t patrol the impact zones for obvious reasons.
Lmao! You aren’t wrong! Thankfully I live in a more rural area.

Benchrest is awesome I am a member there. We now have I believe a range out to 1200 yards. But it cost an extra on time $1000. I really enjoy it there. I have only really ran into one person who was a dickhead. I shoot prone there all the time.

Benchrest is awesome I am a member there. We now have I believe a range out to 1200 yards. But it cost an extra on time $1000. I really enjoy it there. I have only really ran into one person who was a dickhead. I shoot prone there all the time.
So you can lay prone then? Ok cool. I’ve contacted the lady on their site several times about costs and what is allowed and every time she is very confusing. Is the $1000 thing where you pay one time and get to use it as much as you want? And do you know if they happen to allow 338 lapua there? And when I asked the lady about a membership for my wife and I she said $125. But didn’t specify per person per year or anything like that.

It cost $500 to join $250 a year. As long as your wife goes with you she can goe as much as she likes for free. You can only take friends three times before they are banned and need their own membership. The $1000 is a one time then shoot as much as you want. Without the $1000 you can shoot to 600 yards with qualifying at 3 and 6 hundred yards.

Yes you can shoot prone and yes on 338. I’m not sure about 50cal. Just no full metal jacket rounds. It has several rifle ranges a rim fire range a shotgun simulator skeet pistol range and if you become a range officer there is a special range you can fire full auto at. It’s no secret squirrel range it’s just for training.

Last edited:
$1000 and you are done with that end. They had to build on the back of the property and had to rent a dozer to make a road and get things sorted out. It cost them quite a bit of money to build it. I’ve never shot on it or seen it. I just don’t have the extra $1000 to blow. So I stay away

It cost $500 to join $250 a year. As long as your wife goes with you she can goe as much as she likes for free. You can only take friends three times before they are banned and need their own membership. The $1000 is a one time then shoot as much as you want. Without the $1000 you can shoot to 600 yards with qualifying at 3 and 6 hundred yards.

Yes you can shoot prone and yes on 338. I’m not sure about 50cal. Just no full metal jacket rounds. It has several rifle ranges a rim fire range a shotgun simulator skeet pistol range and if you become a range officer there is a special range you can fire full auto at. It’s no secret squirrel range it’s just for training.
Dang. Just the normal membership is really a little too expensive up front. If I could get the initial 500 then 1000 and then only have to worry about the 250 per year that wouldn’t be so bad.

I joined towards the end of the year and only had to pay I think It’s $500 first year and to join. It’s been a long time since I joined

So you can lay prone then? Ok cool. I’ve contacted the lady on their site several times about costs and what is allowed and every time she is very confusing. Is the $1000 thing where you pay one time and get to use it as much as you want? And do you know if they happen to allow 338 lapua there? And when I asked the lady about a membership for my wife and I she said $125. But didn’t specify per person per year or anything like that.
Talk to Jason or DJ, they'll get you lined out.
BTW if you shoot the KYL matches you may get to shoot 1200.

R