• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

long range pistol scope

misser

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2022
clare mi
is there such a thing as a long range pistol scope .? the scope I have ,the cross hairs cover to much of the target to get finite point .

Reactions: GAl08
I'm running a 2-8x weaver on my s&w 460. It has a fine duplex. I've shot steel out to 200 and killed animals out to 100.

I've contemplated looking for something better but it works for what I use it for.

Crimson Trace makes a 2-6 with a BDC type reticle. Depends on which type of pistol you are running. A lot of the guys running center and rear grip bolt pistols are using LR rifle scopes.

The last handgun i put a scope on was a xp100 and i put a scout scope on it, never shot it yet but it but it seems a lot better with finding the right eye relief.

What pistol are you wanting it for? And how far are you planning on shooting?
Have shot to 400 yd. Cross hairs cover to much target to get finite aim . The scope I do have is 4-7 .thing I am seeing is when the numbers go up the eye relief gets shorter.

If you're wanting a pistol scope for a revolver then Burris is about the only game left in town for a new scope, their 2-7 or 3-12 with bal plex will work but the eye relief is shorter as power increases. Check on e bay and you might find a old Tasco pro or a leupold with target turrets. If it's for a specially pistol like a XP then I'd recommend putting a good brake on it and running a rifle scope, all my XP's have FFP scopes on them