• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Long Range Precision Rifle Course, Memphis, TN April 6-7th

Ronin47

Sergeant
Minuteman

The Precision Rifle course is designed for those individuals wanting to learn to place precision shots on point targets out to the maximum effective range of their rifle. This course will give the student the knowledge and fundamental skills to successfully engage targets from various shooting positions at extended ranges. This is a fast-paced course where students will quickly transition from shooting paper to reactive steel targets out to a distance of 600-1000 yards over the course of 2 days. The use of reactive steel targets not only provides the shooter with instant feedback on shot placement but also limits the down time associated with other courses where there is a need to reset targets.

Topics covered:

• Safety
  • Precision Rifle Set-Up
  • Scope/Reticle Overview
  • Gear Selection
  • Setting up your Shooting Position
  • Data Book Overview
  • Range Estimation
  • Fundamentals of Precision Marksmanship
  • Recoil Management
  • Trajectory and Wind Compensation
  • Environmental Factors
  • Shooting Positions
  • Support Side Shooting
  • Rapid/Multiple Target Engagement
  • Malfunction Drills
  • Stress Shooting
  • Benefits of Suppressors

Equipment:

• precision rifle capable of 1 MOA
  • quality scope capable of repeatable windage/elevation adjustments (Mil/MOA based reticle)
  • rifle sling
  • bipod
  • rear bag
  • data book
  • pack to carry gear
  • eye/ear protection
  • shooting mat (highly recommended)
  • spotting scope, rangefinder, binoculars, and Kestrel weather meter (recommended but not required)
  • folding chair (classroom instruction will be conducted in the field)
  • hydration
  • cooler with lunch, snacks, gatorade, water, etc.
  • sun screen
  • notepad and pen
  • clothing and footwear suitable for the elements
  • rain gear
  • weapons cleaning gear

Note: This course is tactical in nature therefore bull bag and bench-rest support systems are not allowed.

Cost: 2-days $ 400

Course Limit: 10 students

Pre-Requisites: None

Round Count: 300 rounds (match grade ammunition)

Check www.roninstrategies.com for more details!

Last edited:
REB_4372.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It would be nice if my GAP 10 showed up by then if so I would definitely attend seeing as I live in Memphis it's a no brainier!

Thanks that's a good idea, seeing as I am new to "Precision rifle shooting" I am sure it would be a good learning experience to say the least.

Only a few spots left!

We will have close to 50 steel targets at various distances out to 1000 yards.

Colonial Armory will be on site conducting a suppressor demo as well. Don't miss this one!

I'd love to make it down... but unfortunately I have to work for Uncle Sam that weekend. I'm just over in East Tennessee so keep us posted on the next one and I'll see if I can make it.

I hope you will putting more on this year. I have not yet taking receipt of my build yet so would will have to wait until then. I live 1.5hrs away so wouldn't be too hard to participate.

Jason and crew,

Had a great time, and want to thank you for all the help. We both came away with our eyes opened up.

If others out there have never had a chance to shoot with 'the pros', they don't understand what there is to learn. Karen and I shoot several rounds a year, but if you are doing it wrong, you have just rooted the bad habits in pretty deep. Glad you were able to bring some of them to the surface and hopefully we can keep them at bay.

To any considering taking a class, this class was very well thought out and (for some, see below) found to be a challenge. Trainer to student ratio was great and it seemed someone was watching you at all times, which if you are wanting to learn is great. Also with different eyes watching, it seemed each would find something different for the student to work on, either that or we just showed up with so many problems that it made your job easy!

Hopefully we don't forget the 'press check'.

Overall, again, we had a great time and have talked about a return trip. I think Karen has a few more pictures that I will post later, but thought this one needed to be out there now.

You are going to have to make the class harded for the older shooters. It appears this 1000 yard shooting is boring to some!
zsgva.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pic, its difficult to make it hard for a salty old Marine!

It was a pleasure to teach the both of you. You guys can shoot. Keep up the good work and hope to see you back in the future.

Drinking a cold Guinness on the two of you. Thanks!

--Very funny!! I relaxed for about 10 whole seconds during intense, motivating and fast moving instruction and this is what happens...
I can't thank the instuctors, staff and students enough for their dedication to this discipline.

I have to say this class was awesome !! I learned so much I am still processing everything and going through my notes saying wow , and amidst all the learning and shooting we all laughed and had a great time. I am definitely coming back soon. Thanks guys for taking time to have these classes as I know it is partly a labor of love for what you do and you are good at it..

Thanks

JW

Guys, thanks for the kind words.

It was an awesome weekend for shooting. Weather was perfect, winds were light, and shooters were locked on!

We covered a lot of information in 2 days. Let me know if you need more reference material.

Now get out and shoot!

I had such a good time at this class and learned so much. A lot of great information and knowledge to help me be a better and smarter shooter. Like hooyah, I am still digesting and reviewing my notes.

Now to take this info and use it practically while I shoot in the coming days, weeks and months!

I will be back and would highly recommend this class to anyone wanting to move and push their skills further.

We got to shoot straight and then really canted!

f9p7ro.jpg

ifo1vp.jpg

And then Jabo doing his inverted break dancing.

k1rnkm.jpg

Last edited: