• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long range project completed

IanB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2005
UK
A few photos of my first proper long range rifle.

7mm WSM
Surgeon WSM action
Bartlien Heavy varmint contour, 1-9 twist finished at 28.
AICS 2.0
Jewell
Nightforce 12-40x56

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT00060.jpg

PICT00030.jpg

Re: Long range project completed

An absolutly georgous rifle there. Whats the design you did on those skins? (It looks good) Very profesional, funtional looking rifle.

Thats a sweet rifle there!! Who's break is that? Looks like a Van Dyke. does it work pretty good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An absolutly georgous rifle there. Whats the design you did on those skins? (It looks good) Very profesional, funtional looking rifle.</div></div>

The skins have been immersion coated by Hydrographics in the UK. The pattern is carbon fibre and the green is a likeness to British racing green.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a sweet rifle there!! Who's break is that? Looks like a Van Dyke. does it work pretty good?</div></div>

The brake is Jager Sporting Arms and yes it works, although I intend using the sound moderator for most if not all of the time.

quite some rig for the UK, supressed as well, how did your local Fire arms officer think about it on application ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">show some group pics!!</div></div>

Shots 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,and 15 respectively, each 3 shot group was fired by a different person (not normally my load development procedure!)
PICT111.jpg

Shot at 100 yards, I will post some 5 shot groups when I find a final load.

I'm now trying to get it to shoot 180 VLD's which is prooving some what harder.
At the moment I'm using H1000 but I think I might try and source some RL25.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding stick,

what sort of moderator is that if you don´t mind me asking.

Best regards Chris</div></div>

A-Tec CMM

We don't have a problem getting sound mods here in the UK, it's a health and safety issue. If you ask for a moderator you will be granted it on your ticket.

Fantastic looking rifle. What was the cost of the Immersion Coating on the AICS skins?
Also, did Jager Duracoat the action and barrel, and what shade of black is that?

IrishRifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IrishRifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fantastic looking rifle. What was the cost of the Immersion Coating on the AICS skins?
Also, did Jager Duracoat the action and barrel, and what shade of black is that?

IrishRifle.</div></div>

Hi Irishrifle

The cost of the immersion coating was £110. I'm not sure how long it will last of what kind of treatment it can take, only time will tell I guess, I must say though, Hydrographics made a superb job.

Yes James Clark from Jager Sporting Arms did the Durocoating. The colour is military black, which works perfectly. I didn't want gloss or matt so James recommended the colour.

OK IanB, thanks for the info. I might be sending some business Hydrographics way soon.
Again, superb looking rifle. Hope it works well for you.

IrishRifle.

Looks like a fine rifle Ian.

Hope it serves you well, now you have "the" load
wink.gif

The AICS stock does not look like its been milled in the bolt handle area, is the surgeon bolt handle not bottoming out on the stock?

Try H4831SC it shoots extremly well in my 7mm-300wsm. I ended up finding 61.5 to be the sweet spot.

IAN,
If i may ask. Who did the adjustable butt on that stock? I didn't know they would work on the AICS stock. By the way. Nice rig.

SOTA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IAN,
If i may ask. Who did the adjustable butt on that stock? I didn't know they would work on the AICS stock. By the way. Nice rig.

SOTA</div></div>

Hi SOTA

The adjustable butt pad is from Surgeon, there's only one problem and that is you need a 2 inch countersunk M6 bolt if you want to attach a mon-pod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like that brake a lot. How much is it reducing felt recoil?</div></div>

HB

The brake works a treat you can get them from here

http://www.jagersportingarms.co.uk/