• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Long range rookie, me likes it

mike27

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2006
Arkansas, Yellville
I finally got to shoot at exteded distances today. Three,four,five,and seven hundred yards. the 308 with 175 SMK did really well at 3,4,and five hundred yards but seven was a stretch FOR ME. My 7mm08 did suprisingly well also. I was taking head shots at 400 yards and connecting at almost every squeeze of the trigger. I hit the gong several times at 700 with it also. I really enjoyed myself today. Thanks for this awesome website.
mike

Re: Long range rookie, me likes it

Congrats! I've only gotten out past 500 a few times and only at rocks.. Need to find a better range, but I digress. Sounds like you had fun which is the important part!

tacshooter223, you have 2 1000 yard ranges with steel plate matches not far from you. There will be a match at Rayners Range on the 27th and TVP has something about every weekend. I'm sure both places would be glad to have you join them.

Topstrap

The cats meow... the greater the time delay between the boom and the ding, the better you feel
laugh.gif