• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Long Range shooting in central MN

Pbgt

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2018
I am looking for a training buddy(s) , I have a nice range set-up and go out to 750 yards. If interested pm me. Will begin target shooting after deer season.....

I’m game. I used to shoot long range regularly before moving back to MN. Lost all my training buddies for LR shooting.

Both at times ... Sometimes you have to take turns sitting in the pits marking targets. I have a buddy that has gone . There should be more info on the web page .

Otherwise I'm down in Faribault and our range is 600 and have a friend we shot at new new ulm out to 1360

Reactions: Eagle1899
The Faribault range you’re talking about did that just get built this past year? It was primarily pistol before?

I’ve been running down to Caribou gun club but would like to try some different ranges.

The Faribault range you’re talking about did that just get built this past year? It was primarily pistol before?

I’ve been running down to Caribou gun club but would like to try some different ranges.
Yes it had started renovations last year but it has always had the 600 yard range. And yes there has been primary pistol idpa comps there

It is a private club range.

Gopher runs their e-targets sometimes on Tuesday. No pit crews needed, just check your phone for impacts.

Pretty slick system. It measure group size and speed at impact.

I am in Stacy as well.

Reactions: Eagle1899
Has anyone found a good spot to shoot steel that's not too far of a drive? Done the GRRC thing, and Rush Lake is a bit of a haul. Possibly places that are >600 yards??? Sounds like either state forest or private property is the only thing people have found that meets those criteria. Any other spots I'm missing?
Have my own steel and everything else needed to operate a range.

Grrc is my go to place.
Yeah, it's a solid setup with that kind of distance, but the fact they don't have steel targets setup at various distances and don't just use a single firing line is a bit antiquated. Understandable though given their concern on rounds leaving the range in the past. Also, getting there from 4-8PM on Tuesdays can be pretty tricky.
What's it typically like on weekends where there aren't events, are people only shooting at paper targets mostly or is it mostly people there to shoot the steel from various yard lines? Would hate to make a big push to become a member there if it ended up involving me having to pull targets in the pit.

I believe there is an unknown distance range that is in the works. No idea on their timetable.

When that gets in the works it may be similar to what you are looking to do.

That still does that address your time issue though.

I believe there is an unknown distance range that is in the works. No idea on their timetable.

When that gets in the works it may be similar to what you are looking to do.

That still does that address your time issue though.
You're right – the River Ridge Shooting Club in Courtland, MN is set to open: "...we are hoping to have range access open before fall (even if it’s just the rifle range for starters)"

@eca7891 – What's it typically like on weekends at GRRC where there aren't events, are people only shooting at paper targets mostly or is it mostly people there to shoot the steel from various yard lines? Would hate to make a big push to become a member there if it ended up involving me having to pull targets in the pit.

I THINK it’s mostly steel.

Taking another guess and am going to say that they use the electronic targets for the high power practice. ( The last I heard they were). That’s the Tuesday afternoons you referred to.

I usually go on weekday mornings and MAYBE there is another person somewhere on the grounds shooting.

The few times on the weekends that I have been there it was steel on the 300-1k range. Mostly people’s personal steel though there is the club gong with a flapper.

I have seen more paper on the mp 25-200 range.

I will say that they do a great job on events and have never ran into any retards when I have been up there

There is open shooting 1 day a week I rotates weekly. From 600 800 1000 yard line .

Otherwise. Eli belive elk river has a 500 yard range. Or Faribault. Which has steel set up from 100-600

Reactions: CWik
There is open shooting 1 day a week I rotates weekly. From 600 800 1000 yard line .

Otherwise. Eli belive elk river has a 500 yard range. Or Faribault. Which has steel set up from 100-600
I forgot about elk river.

Don’t they do an F-class shoot or something?

Is the Fariboult Range now open? I’m south metro so that may be an option for me.

I forgot about elk river.

Don’t they do an F-class shoot or something?
Elk River has a 600 yard KD range, but you have to be a member and have at least a Master ranking with NRA HP if you are using it at times other than sanctioned matches. You will never be shooting steel there with the way homes have been built up around the club. They have a Monday evening F-class match every week that started this past Monday. Redwing (North Star Gun Club) has a 600 yard range if you are in the south metro. They actually have held a PRS match there the last couple years. We will be shooting a regional HP match at GRRC the 21st-23rd. Come on out and watch or shoot it.
Cheers

Reactions: midwestoffroad
Hi All – thanks much for the info. I appreciate it! Looks like I'll have to do some more digging into Elk River, Faribault, and North Star.

Reactions: midwestoffroad
Marshall MN has a range southeast of town about 5 miles. Here's location....

44.371710,-95.681248

They expanded new berms out to 500 or so. I honestly can't remember. They have 50, 100, and 150 yard bay. And a shotgun trap setup.
Screenshot_20210514-054559_Maps.jpg

They just held a NRL22X match out there. The Buffalo Ridge Shooters FB group is important if you wanna stay on top of their match stuff.
FB_IMG_1620989762671.jpg

FB_IMG_1620989716743.jpg

Marshall MN has a range southeast of town about 5 miles. Here's location....

44.371710,-95.681248

They expanded new berms out to 500 or so. I honestly can't remember. They have 50, 100, and 150 yard bay. And a shotgun trap setup.
View attachment 7625174

They just held a NRL22X match out there. The Buffalo Ridge Shooters FB group is important if you wanna stay on top of their match stuff.
View attachment 7625175
View attachment 7625176
Thanks for the info @DFOOSKING !

You referring to the intro to PRS in June?
Or any others. Let me know there's a calendar on the MNPR. Facebook page and DSTPRECISION.NET

Last edited:
Anybody here have details (is there a thread Im missing?) on the "annual GRRC precision rifle course?" Decided to give it a go since I just got a new 6.5 ;) and it couldn't be much closer to me.

Do people usually stay in a nearby hotel or mainly camp? Looking forward to it; rain or shine - hopefully wind

-Andy
There's a thread- search "Harris, MN" and it should pop.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew