• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long range shooting in Wisconsin?

Jayhop101

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2014
Ok so my ex is moving to Wisconsin with my daughter. So i can be close to my daughter i am moving up there too. My question what long range options do I have up there? I know there is a PRS series about an out of Milwaukee (on yeah that where she is moving) so what other options are there?

Check Wisconsin Precision Rifle Challenge on Facebook or if you don't have FB check out the website at prschallenge.com. We have matches at Lodi and Columbus, both near Madison.

Several of us also shoot at Shiocton, about 30 minutes west of Green Bay. Another group shoots at Wisconsin Rapids which is in the middle of the state.

Not a great deal of long range, but there is plenty of shooting around greater Milwaukee.

The Racine County Line Rifle Club has a large 600+ yard range and it's fairly easy to join. Just show up at any open to the public event...they have plenty...and ask around for a sponsor. They're having an issue now due to their funky lease agreement with the Wisconsin National Guard and the DMA so they might not be adding new members until that's resolved, and that's supposed to happen by mid-year with either the closure of the club, or a new lease that will allow them to resume operating as before. They accepted new members monthly before the current issue. It's a nice private range despite having far more than it's share of range-nazis. https://www.racinecountylinerifleclub.com/

A little farther west is the Oconomowoc Sportsman's Club. (OSC also just happens to be the home of The Badger Trekker Run-n-Gun, and I just happen to know the fella that's in charge of that ;)) It's got a small but very nice, 300-yard range; and 6 pistol bays, which are all around 35 - 50 yards deep and wide enough for most things. You can shoot rifle and shotgun in the pistol bays as well. Also a private members-only but easy to join and plenty of open to the public events if you don't want to join. https://oscinc.org/

Schultz's Gun Club in Muskego is also close to Milwaukee. They've got 5 or 6 big beautiful pistol bays, and have steel challenge, USPSA and IDPA. They have at least a 100-yard rifle range but I don't know much beyond that. Also private members-only but easy to join and plenty of open to the public activities. https://www.schultzgunclub.com/

As far as where to live...I know you didn't ask but giving unsolicited advice is fun....most definently stay out of the City of Milwaukee, and think twice (or three or four times,) about anywhere else in Milwaukee County. Just about anywhere else around MKE County is very nice and varying degrees of right-leaning.

Good luck!

Range membership at Highland Sportsman’s Club is very pricey, but gets you private range out to 1k yards and no wait list like Winnequah gun club, otherwise there are a number of ranges that go out to 5-600 yards. Wisconsin and ELR aren’t the best match

That wpuld be a last resort. Not a fan of public ranges and its two hours from where i plan to live
Fair enough. It is in a sparsely populated area, it isnt super busy, and the facilities are nice. For the $50/year for a membership and amount of times i go a year, the hour and 30 drive for me is worth it as I don’t have the time to volunteer or a club or the finances to blow that much extra money. It is still a good viable option in a pinch.

They are on a 3 year waiting list....any other recommendations?
They hold events where non members can shoot. There is a precision rifle league in summer and long range shooting on Wednesdays. (Get on the list before it get longer)

I think there is Columbus sportsman's club. North of Madison

Finally shotgun is HUGE. Every hamlet has a shotgun club.

Mc Miller Sports Center in Eagle WI. About an hour drive west from Milwaukee
www.mcmillersportscenter.com
Shotgun, pistol and rifle ranges (longest 300 yards) talking to a RSO yesterday, he says there are future plans to extend the rifle range to 1000 yards
Next county west of Milwaukee is Waukesha, suggest looking there for a place to live instead of Milwaukee

Marathon County Rifle & Pistol Club has several 600 yard bench rest shoots each summer at the Corbin range in Mosinee.

Wood County Rifle and Pistol Club near Wisconsin Rapids has a 600yd outdoor range.

Check Wisconsin Precision Rifle Challenge on Facebook or if you don't have FB check out the website at prschallenge.com. We have matches at Lodi and Columbus, both near Madison.

Several of us also shoot at Shiocton, about 30 minutes west of Green Bay. Another group shoots at Wisconsin Rapids which is in the middle of the state

Several of us also shoot at Shiocton, about 30 minutes west of Green Bay. Another group shoots at Wisconsin Rapids which is in the middle of the state.
I have searched for this Wisconsin Rapids club with no success. Do you have any information on where or how to contact them?

I am the President of the Marathon County Rifle and Pistol Club. We hold 7 600 yard matches during the summer. We also have a FB page. If interested best to just PM me. Thanks.

Last edited: