• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long range shooting ranges in Miami FL area

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hi All
I'll be arriving to Miami in August for a vacation and would like to visit a good place to do some long range shooting, I tried looking for ranges and couldn't find anything that is over 100 yards and does not require a qualification before it let's you shoot at steel targets, I would appreciate any recommendations or explanation regarding long range shooting in the areas
I have some friends that has bolt action rifles but have no clue regarding where to find ranges
Is the long range shooting sport not so common in FL?
I would appreciate your recommendations!!
Thanks

I'm in Miami and there aren't any.

I've gone up to West Palm Beach, at the Sherriff's range where they have 300 yards open maybe 6 times in a year.

If you have a car and you're set on 1000 yards, go over to the west coast and shoot at Manatee, which is 209 miles from my home and south of Tampa, north of Naples.

Chris

Or go to Immokalee,

Or go to homestead

Thanks for all the info shared,I appreciate it, now I believe that SWFL is a valid option, I will call them and check what is required in order to come with my kids to do some shooting.
Thank you all for the info!!

I'm in Miami and there aren't any.

I've gone up to West Palm Beach, at the Sherriff's range where they have 300 yards open maybe 6 times in a year.

If you have a car and you're set on 1000 yards, go over to the west coast and shoot at Manatee, which is 209 miles from my home and south of Tampa, north of Naples.

Chris
- FWC Palm Beach 300 yard range is open all the time, electronic targets.
- Manatee is 600 yards.
- Immokolee (SWFL Gun Range) is one (1) Mile now. Steel to 1300 then jumps to a mile.
- Then there is JTAC, but thats a hike.

I think JTAC also requires a membership so not a great option for visitor. They have a non-local membership rate which I think is $300 -$400 or so.

And Homestead training center I do think has a bay that is 500 or 600 yards but I don't know their member/public policy.

I assumed Immokalee went to 2000 yds because the website claimed that (at least a few months back it did), but a few of their regulars tell me it currently only goes to 1100-1200 yds, which is still great.

Maybe we can get clarification on Manatee- posts here at SH give me the impression it is closed, but perhaps they just meant the longest range was reduced in distance?

I assumed Immokalee went to 2000 yds because the website claimed that (at least a few months back it did), but a few of their regulars tell me it currently only goes to 1100-1200 yds, which is still great.

Maybe we can get clarification on Manatee- posts here at SH give me the impression it is closed, but perhaps they just meant the longest range was reduced in distance?
- FWC Palm Beach 300 yard range is open all the time, electronic targets.
- Manatee is 600 yards.
- Immokolee (SWFL Gun Range) is one (1) Mile now. Steel to 1300 then jumps to a mile.
- Then there is JTAC, but thats a hike.

There is your clarification.
I am a Member at three of them, and shoot all four regularly, every month at at least one of them.