• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Range Shooting Sim software

M14Msgt

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2009
Peoples Republik of CA
anyone used this? I bought it and have gone through the various tutorials. It's pretty good...but I have noticed on the scored range exercises that i never seem to range the target the way the computer program does, even though I am doing it correctly. it seems like the software progam is off. anyone else experienced this with this product? For example, I will use the standard mil-dot formula, plug in the figures and use the drop-down range card on the program, adjust for wind, then fire my shots. the program always has it about 200 yds off.

Re: Long Range Shooting Sim software

Ditto,

I was using it all last week after class playing with it and the range was money if you read the reticle correctly. Center hits weren't a problem.

i know my eyes are bad, but man...i was counting the mils and pluggin in the formula, size of target x 1000 divided by mils = range...and i was still off. the program tells you to divide the mil count by 2 when you select the mag feature on the scope, which I did.

i noticed it more on the 600-1K yd range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you talking about the program I referenced below?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1600020

If so, you probably have something setup wrong, because I find it to be right on the money.
</div></div>

yes - but mine is not the new version. it works fine, but i seem to be off when i calculate the # of mils on the target. i shoot at the 72" targets, so that's like 2 yds, right? i will do the forumla(s) correctly and then take the shot only to be way short. doesnt make sense.

What version of the program are you running? The current version is 3.0.

In addition, that formula works only if you specify the target size in yards. Try it in inches, and don't use the "mag feature."

Ya, the size of the targets are in Inches so you multiply that times 27.8 and divide by mils, if you use 1000 you'll be wrong.

after that follow what Lindy said, but the program is right both versions I have them both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya, the size of the targets are in Inches so you multiply that times 27.8 and divide by mils, if you use 1000 you'll be wrong.

after that follow what Lindy said, but the program is right both versions I have them both. </div></div>

will try that and see if it improves. thanks... need to get the new version