• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Long range trick shot from today

futurerider103

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Springfield Mo
watch the couple mags on the weight to see the trick shot
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/402x_s89EwE&"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/402x_s89EwE&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Long range trick shot from today

What exactly makes this a "trick" shot?

It's a long shot. At a small target.

Trick shot would be if you threw it up in the air and then shot it, or something like that. Shooting at something while missing a lot, until finally hitting it doesn't fit the definition of a trick shot. It's the definition of field artillery.

The definition and goal of exhibition shooting is to perform the act on the first shot. Any subsequent shot, the crowd really doesn't care if you hit. Practice that shot until you can do it the first time every time. Then you will have something.

Shooting for the hole in the plate is how we check our LR guns before a match. Got a 200 yard target with a 1" hole in the middle. Anything that hits around the hole is a miss, buzz thru with no steel and we're ready for the match.

Very good practice and nice to see others doing it. Easy to see where the misses are without guessing where it missed the target if it didn't hit it on a small one.

Those lil 22LR will shoot way better than what most give them credit for, if I had to grab one gun and head out the door it'd be one of my 22's and a box of ammo.

Like others were saying, not really a trick shot but hitting a small target at a decent distance after getting sighted in. Keep at it and you'll be knocking that small stuff off first shot at even further distances.

Topstrap

I really don't see being able to hit that bobber(it's less than an inch wide) on the first shot every time or every shot with a .22lr at this distance. All in all it's a bunch a fun and there were several instances where I did shoot the bobber on the first shot just none on camera and I'd say 2 out of 5 shots hitting the bobber isn't too bad. I hit it at 3:42 at the top and 4:16 when it knocked it off. All in all it's a lot of fun and lets see if you can do any better
wink.gif

It was a good shot but you'd be surprised what a 22 will do and it don't have to be with a rifle. You might get others to post some of their videos with a 22LR that shows their accuracy with the little rimfire.

I hope you didn't take it wrong but I think you'll find with some ammo tweaking and more range time you'll find you will get a lot more first round and consistent hits on targets that small. They continue to amaze us and we just keep stretching the distances we're able to consistently hit small targets. We're hoping our local 1000 yard range will run a 22LR match with targets from close up (25 yards) out to 400 yards and even possibly 500 as skills and scores go up.

Some good reading if you enjoy rimfires.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

I do have to agree, I have more fun stretching the legs on a little 22LR than I do dinging a small target at 1000 yards sometimes, especially well past 200 yards with a Buckmark pistol
wink.gif

Topstrap

Trick Shooting Kick Ass .
When I was Little about 9 years old . My parents took me to the Tombstone AZ. Fast Draw Comp. . That is One thing that always stuck with me forever to this day in my head from childhood .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharoh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a long shot. At a small target.

Trick shot would be if you threw it up in the air and then shot it, or something like that. Shooting at something while missing a lot, until finally hitting it doesn't fit the definition of a trick shot. It's the definition of field artillery.

The definition and goal of exhibition shooting is to perform the act on the first shot. Any subsequent shot, the crowd really doesn't care if you hit. Practice that shot until you can do it the first time every time. Then you will have something. </div></div>

Is there anyone on this site that doesn't feel the need to critique and or criticize what someone posts?? This is a great site and tremendous source of information if yo u can sort through all the "I can do better than this", or "You should have done it like that" bullshit.
How many real snipers are on here anyway? The ones I know don't do that shit.

It can be uncalled for but sometimes people just have to have thick skin too. I like to have a little of a challange that's why I extended the challange to pharoh1. Maybe he'll reply and shut me up or maybe he'll bow down like a most keyboard commando's do when confronted. Either way it's all in good fun and I welcome everyone to post some of their long shots or trick shots whatever they may be

I shot a rabbit in the eye socket at 90yds last night, does that count?

Maybe. Did you get it on video? Try doing something like I did or be something completly your own but lets see it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: futurerider103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how tiny that bobber is. It's smaller than an inch at it's widest part </div></div>

Nice shot on that bobber. One might say the trick is to hit it, and you did, and that's good shooting.
smile.gif