• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Rifles Inc?

dzeke

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2018
Has anyone had contact with Long Rifles Inc. lately? I sent a bolt to have fluted two months ago. I was being patient because it was a unique bolt so I understood it would likely take longer than their quoted 21 day turnaround. I called after they had it for four weeks, they said no problem, we've been busy we'll get all the bolts out soon. No problem whatsoever, I'll be patient and let them do their thing, tomorrow they will have had my bolt for eight weeks. I decided to call this morning and now their phone is going directly to voicemail and you cannot leave a voicemail.

A little background, I called and spoke to them before I even sent the bolt to make sure they would be willing to flute it, they said absolutely, send it in. I also had a Tikka bolt fluted a few years ago, which they turned around in 8 days! So I had/have faith in them. But something doesn't seem right.

I also tried calling on Friday, same thing, phone went straight to voicemail, and you couldn't leave a voicemail. So it seemed like a pattern. Whatever that was about, it is what it is, and I was able to talk to someone.

Easter weekend...Family...
Yep, I get that, the phone not even ringing or not having a voicemail really threw me off. I guess I should've just been more patient. I know they are great company, it just seemed really out of the ordinary.

Reactions: Sniperstud
Already got a notification that the bolt was fluted and sent off for coating. I appreciate the communication and update. It certainly won't be the last time I use LRI for gunsmithing services.

They’re very busy from the look of things when I was there in person a bit over a month ago to drop my AI AT-X bolt off in person for a project.

I texted Chad about a week ago to check in on progress and he hadn’t gotten to it at that time. He said he’d been out with a nasty flu bug for a week or so. I have no reason to doubt him because I also had a nasty respiratory flu like illness a few weeks ago myself. Wouldn’t be shocked if more than a few guys at the shop came down with it too, but he didn’t elaborate.

Reactions: diverdon and dzeke
LRI is great if not a little too busy/slow at times. I got spoiled with them a few years ago with super quick work and then word got out and they’ve come back down to earth with lead times lol but their work is top notch.

Reactions: diverdon and dzeke
Welcome to 2024 where everything takes longer and cost 20% more than you thought it would.
If you want the best, it's going to take a little longer and cost a bit more.
Plan ahead and sock your money away...... On everything.
If shops answered every question they would never get anything done.
My dealings with LRI have been excellent.

I visited LRI in 2012 and again in 2022. The place was absolutely hopping in 2022. it was standing room only. However, Eric took the time to meet with me about a rebarrel job. They delivered on time. If they aren't answering, it's because they are running.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I can say I have some work being done by them right now and I am closing in on triple the quoted time, they have been responsive and I have no reason to think the work won’t be top notch but it does seem they may be running a bit behind.

• Haha
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I visited LRI in 2012 and again in 2022. The place was absolutely hopping in 2022. it was standing room only. However, Eric took the time to meet with me about a rebarrel job. They delivered on time. If they aren't answering, it's because they are running.
1712067481062.jpeg

I love LRI they have built several rifles for me over the years all great rifles.

Rifle builders and boat builders all have the same problem. They talk about lead times like the size of there dicks : ). They say its 9" but we all know its 5.5".. I have used 3 other highly acclaimed smiths and they all operate the same way.

My advise to you is "be patient Karen, your shit will come when it comes!!!!!"