• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Shot Precision Adjustable Bag Rider

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
Just came across this item and was curious as to what others think of it.
Shoulder surgery has taken me out for over a year and have noticed that my shooting is way off from where it had been before. Thought that this, along with a good bag recommendation would help out.

I found the site online about 2 or 3 years ago and bought one for an MPA chassis. I chose the ELR option and spoke to Dave, the owner of long range precision (great guy) and he told me to get in touch with the folks at Protektor bags, and they can get me the exact bag I need for the ABR. Called Protektor and got the bag I needed. Ultimately, I ended up buying 2 bags. One is about 1.5 inches tall and the other is about 3.5, which I use if i'm shooting off of a front rest, in a competition. The 1.5 is perfect if you're using a bipod and that's what I tend to use the most.
Since then, I've bought 6 or 7 of these and use them on all of my chassis and I've now started milling them into my foundation stocks as well, which is not easy, but I won't shoot a precision rifle without an ABR. I run PRS style rifles in BR competitions, using the ABR and a front rest with really good results and have had similar results using my accu-tac bipods as well. You can get the course or the fine threading on the ABR and both have their merits, but I like the fine for BR competitions. The course if great for ELR, but both work really well. The course threading just gets you to your aim point a shade quicker. Dave is great to do business with and his machining perfect. He's also a really good guy. I have one of his precision grips on a 65cm and really like that set up too. He makes really nice precision stuff. Try it, you won't regret it.

I found the site online about 2 or 3 years ago and bought one for an MPA chassis. I chose the ELR option and spoke to Dave, the owner of long range precision (great guy) and he told me to get in touch with the folks at Protektor bags, and they can get me the exact bag I need for the ABR. Called Protektor and got the bag I needed. Ultimately, I ended up buying 2 bags. One is about 1.5 inches tall and the other is about 3.5, which I use if i'm shooting off of a front rest, in a competition. The 1.5 is perfect if you're using a bipod and that's what I tend to use the most.
Since then, I've bought 6 or 7 of these and use them on all of my chassis and I've now started milling them into my foundation stocks as well, which is not easy, but I won't shoot a precision rifle without an ABR. I run PRS style rifles in BR competitions, using the ABR and a front rest with really good results and have had similar results using my accu-tac bipods as well. You can get the course or the fine threading on the ABR and both have their merits, but I like the fine for BR competitions. The course if great for ELR, but both work really well. The course threading just gets you to your aim point a shade quicker. Dave is great to do business with and his machining perfect. He's also a really good guy. I have one of his precision grips on a 65cm and really like that set up too. He makes really nice precision stuff. Try it, you won't regret it.
Thanks DB, and I have to agree with you and your opinions regarding Dave at Long Shot Precision. Customer service was great. Unlike a lot of businesses, he was in no rush to get off the phone after I ordered. Spent a lot of time answering questions.

Since the shoulder surgery, I have found that squeezing a sock filled with rice was rather fatiguing. Hopefully this will provide the solution.

What Protektor bag are you using for the front end w/o bipod? Have a Merry Christmas.

Happy to help Sgt. Squeeze bags work great, but I think you'll like Dave's ABRs, which once married to a rear bag, makes for a much more stable and repeatable platform. It changed the game for me completely.

I don't have a protektor bag for the front rest, yet. I'm using the 5 axis front rest that came on my Rodzilla front rest, (picture attached) but I plan to change out to a sandbag front rest, but the 5 axis works really well, so there's no rush for now.

I do have 2 protektor bags that I use under the ABR and I'll try to post a pic or two, as these are key, as they just marry right up under the ABR. Shooting off of a bipod, I use the short one filled with heavy sand and when I'm shooting off a front rest, I just use tall bag under the ABR, as it turns my PRS rifles into a sort of modified bench rest rifle.

The last pic is the MPA rifle (in the middle), with the ABR on it. After that one, I got an ABR for every rifle I've built on a chassis, along with 2 foundation stock builds with an ABR. I have more chassis builds than stock builds, as cutting through micarta is tough and mounting these things to a chassis is simple. I think you'll like it and I hope it helps the shoulder.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!

Attachments

• Protektor Rear Bag.png
    Protektor Rear Bag.png
    991.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Protektor Tall Rear Bag.png
    Protektor Tall Rear Bag.png
    720.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Rodzilla Front Rest .png
    Rodzilla Front Rest .png
    828.3 KB · Views: 111
  • ABR MPA.png
    ABR MPA.png
    6 MB · Views: 111
My wife and I have Adjustable Bag Riders on all of our rifles, combined with Protektor ELR style rear bags filled with "heavy" sand and Accu-Tac HD50 bi-pod. We find very precise elevation adjustment whether shooting from bench or prone.

Happy to help Sgt. Squeeze bags work great, but I think you'll like Dave's ABRs, which once married to a rear bag, makes for a much more stable and repeatable platform. It changed the game for me completely.

I don't have a protektor bag for the front rest, yet. I'm using the 5 axis front rest that came on my Rodzilla front rest, (picture attached) but I plan to change out to a sandbag front rest, but the 5 axis works really well, so there's no rush for now.

I do have 2 protektor bags that I use under the ABR and I'll try to post a pic or two, as these are key, as they just marry right up under the ABR. Shooting off of a bipod, I use the short one filled with heavy sand and when I'm shooting off a front rest, I just use tall bag under the ABR, as it turns my PRS rifles into a sort of modified bench rest rifle.

The last pic is the MPA rifle (in the middle), with the ABR on it. After that one, I got an ABR for every rifle I've built on a chassis, along with 2 foundation stock builds with an ABR. I have more chassis builds than stock builds, as cutting through micarta is tough and mounting these things to a chassis is simple. I think you'll like it and I hope it helps the shoulder.

Fabulous. Thanks for the information and the pictures really help.

My wife and I have Adjustable Bag Riders on all of our rifles, combined with Protektor ELR style rear bags filled with "heavy" sand and Accu-Tac HD50 bi-pod. We find very precise elevation adjustment whether shooting from bench or prone.
I thought I was the only guy who had a wife as a fellow shooter:)...........Got one for her as well.

I have a question about the ACCU TAC as I also use that. At 100 yds, I have the legs pointed back one position (due to terrain), so I was always curious as to whether they should be pointed forward or back for best accuracy and recoil management. It may not make a difference? Thanks for any insights. Merry Christmas.

Love the accu-tac bipods!

Reactions: Sgtsideways
We have spikes and claws on the bi-pods as we pre-load the bi-pod to help manage recoil and maintain cheek weld / sight picture. Wife shoots .300 PRC…but she checked out our new .300 Norma Mag and likes it,too.

Reactions: Sgtsideways
I thought I was the only guy who had a wife as a fellow shooter:)...........Got one for her as well.

I have a question about the ACCU TAC as I also use that. At 100 yds, I have the legs pointed back one position (due to terrain), so I was always curious as to whether they should be pointed forward or back for best accuracy and recoil management. It may not make a difference? Thanks for any insights. Merry Christmas.
I use mine going forward. I like it more that way and I think it’s a more solid base. The only downside is when you’re shooting on a wooden bench and the slats are running side to side. The recoil can catch the leg on a slat and pull the bipod leg out of position. I’ve had it happen a time or two over several years. A simple mat would solve that, or just noticing where the slats are, relative to the foot of the bipod.

Or I could set them up another way, but I like the way they look this way 😁

Last edited:
I use mine going forward. I like it more that way and I think it’s a more solid base. The only downside is when you’re shooting on a wooden bench and the slats are running side to side. The recoil can catch the leg on a slat and pull the bipod leg out of position. I’ve had it happen a time or two over several years. A simple mat would solve that, or just noticing where the slats are, relative to the foot of the bipod.

Or I could set them up another way, but I like the way they look this way 😁
Yes, the Accu Tac's have been a game changer for us. Very rugged and well engineered construction.

Got the adjustable bag rider and had a chance to take it out for a test drive. It really did help out a lot.

I really couldn't give it a fair trial as my protektor bags have not arrived yet, but just using a cheap rear rice bag and factory ammo I was able to achieve the best 5 shot grouping yet. 0.4 MOA at 100yds. For me, that was a miracle, but it can be improved upon with a better rear bag.

The ABR is a great addition, but I will say that Dave Pobutkiewicz's shooting advice was probably the best instruction and insight as to what I've been doing wrong for years. I spent way too much time listening to yutube videos and fell into a lot of bad habits that Dave has helped to correct. I'm having to learn disciplines that would have saved me a lot of frustration and ammo.

So my thanks to Dave for the great product, and customer service second to none.

Glad to hear it worked out. Once you get the protektor bag, it should get even better, as it becomes a very solid system, that tracks so much better than a squeeze bag, which I used for years.

Dave is a great guy to work with. His bag riders are as smooth as silk too.

Nice shooting btw!

Аre you using the V or ELR or SQR bottom fits?

I use the ELR bottom, but I have buddies that use the V bottom. Both work really well, but personally, I like the flat bottom. For some reason, it just makes more sense to me. Plus, until JTAC went out of business, I was shooting a lot of ELR.