• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long term inflation, how much?

JAS-SH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
I just went looking specifically for a shrimp mornay recipe from TGIF Fridays that I used to love during my college days (1977 or so). And just found a 1980 menu from TGIF Fridays.

I used to go there while in college once or every other month (as often as I could afford it). The Shrimp Mornay was $6.95 then. Back in the day - same menu, a bacon rapped beef tenderloin at Friday's, with a mushroom and wine reduction was $8.95. The price today would be (estimated) around 45-55 dollars - say $50.

So, the percentage increase for that tenderloin since then has been 458 percent! But that is nothing compared to1965 when I was paying 25 cents a gallon for premium. Now it's 3.99 here in FL, That's a 1,436% increase!!!

I always thought that as technology advanced that things would get cheaper. Boy, was I wrong!

Last edited:
As technology advances things do get cheaper than they otherwise would have been. But with government vote buying costing trillions every year.... Well it's supply and demand you know. With hundreds of trillions of new money.... it's inevitable.

Imagine where the average American would be without access to cheap Chinese shit to cover up the lack of quality goods our parents used to own.

Inflation is the hidden tax the government uses to rob everyone of their savings to support endless bloated defect budgets.

It also lets the government double tax you by claiming you owe tax on a "profit" you made selling something like a house or other real tangible item, when in actuality the money you got might not even be able to buy the same thing again.

Oh and then thanks to all the stupid good people that demand property taxes "for the children" it lets the local governments ratchet up the amount you have to pay to be able to keep your house without the uniform hangers taking it away at gunpoint or with murder.

The rate of inflation has been set for over 30 years to be more than the rate of wage increases which always lag way behind.
So that's why everyone who is not the Super Rich is feeling poorer each year.

Inflation recently has been grinding the middle class into serfs.

The Feds inflation target is 2% a year. When compounded over many years, it gets to be a runaway situation for sure.

as high as the democrats need till you submit to there will , by starving or people rise up and remove them from power . so freaking high

I just went looking specifically for a shrimp mornay recipe from TGIF Fridays that I used to love during my college days (1977 or so). And just found a 1980 menu from TGIF Fridays.

I used to go there while in college once or every other month (as often as I could afford it). The Shrimp Mornay was $6.95 then. Back in the day - same menu, a bacon rapped beef tenderloin at Friday's, with a mushroom and wine reduction was $8.95. The price today would be (estimated) around 45-55 dollars - say $50.

So, the percentage increase for that tenderloin since then has been 458 percent! But that is nothing compared to1965 when I was paying 25 cents a gallon for premium. Now it's 3.99 here in FL, That's a 1,436% increase!!!

I always thought that as technology advanced that things would get cheaper. Boy, was I wrong!
Yore mafs = teh suk