• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long time lurker from North Idaho

Ryan Phoenix

Hunter / Gatherer
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Idaho / Virginia
Greetings and salutations. I've had an account on SH since January 2009 and I'm only now doing an "intro post." If 13.5 years isn't a record between account creation and intros, it's gotta be close. I've used this site as a resource for many years - lots of great info. Haven't used it as much the past few years but recently I was in the market for a nicer rifle optic than I'm used to and wanted to read some reviews and comparisons on different optics so I made my way back here and, I have to say, there are some PHENOMENAL reviews and comparisons on here. So good that I think there's a few of you who should be writing professionally. That was a few months ago and I've been back here quite a bit since, reading different things and doing a little lurking here and there. I see some good deals now and then in the PX and I know it's bad form to make a move on anything in there without even so much as an intro post, much less a little bit of contribution to the site. I've recommended this site to many, many people over the years and I think it's a fantastic resource. I appreciate everyone's insight and experience over the years.

I'm from northern/north central Idaho originally, spent most of my life there outside of the military years. Right now I'm temporarily stuck out in northern Virginia for a short time as a gov employee for a bit but I plan on finding my way back to Idaho in the next two years, tops - and never leaving again. Army Sniper once upon a time, DDM in the contracting world like probably a lot of other people on here. Now my focus has turned more towards western hunting and the possibility of longer range shots, but I still love to hit steel at long distances so I try to do a little of both.

I'll try not to make it a decade+ before another post, I'd certainly enjoy being a bit more interactive with some of the discussions that happen here. I think it's a great community. Cheers