• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longest 1 shot kill on film south africa

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
Barbour creek now has the Longest 1 Shot Kill on Film in South Africa at John X .
Mark Simpson from Barbour creek with one of our rifles, 28 nosler 1188 yards 18 MPH Winds from 7:30
Video Coming Soon

www.barbourcreek.com

Attachments

• photo63809.jpg
    photo63809.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Damn fine shooting. Can't wait to see the video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look closer. The dirt is kicked up before the animal falls. Pretty clearly not the animal, but that bullet carrying a ton of energy making the splash.

Also interesting body reaction to the shot. The ass drops like a rock, and the head is slung up pivoting over the front legs. Showing complete shutdown. Only spot does that is the nerve center including the spine and head. The dust was too far back for a head shot, and he mentioned being high on his earlier miss, so good chance it was indeed a spine shot as his data was a bit high still. The bullet fragmented resulting in a large dust cloud...at least that's my theory. ha.

Where was the kill shot? Spine? or should I retire from CSI? lol

Lucky. And awesome shot! congrats.

Regards,
DT

If you watch the video, near the end they are gathered around it.
Look just behind the front hoof, and there appears to be an exit hole.

The animal was hit High Shoulder, but nice observation, Berger bullets tend to frag, so it is possible a small piece went in the spine but hit was high shoulder and lead core came out the other side causing initial dust cloud. Thanks for the comments.

Exit hole was was do to the parabolic curve of the bullets path and some bone and tissue deflection coming out near the front shoulder you can see the small hole near the crease, again good observation!

Last edited: