• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longest COL for .338LM

Re: Longest COL for .338LM

Wolf,
There are at least 6 different reamers I know of for .338 LM. As such, you're going to have a hard time finding anyone to sign up for max COAL spec. General rule of thumb is mag length @ 3.600". You certainly can run them longer, but you'll run into issues getting loaded rounds out of a 700 LA. Whatever you do, try to keep away from engagement. Try for a minimum of 0.020" off the lands.

I've always used 300gr SMK's @ 3.620" OAL in all of my magazine fed .338LM's (AI mags).

Mine is at 3.600". I can squeeze a bit more, but it shoots so well at 3.600".

the reason I am asking is because I am working on an Ammo Burrito for the .338LM. The member who ordered it sent me some loaded ammo, but I wanted to see what the average was. I went ahead and ran a prototype with 3.75" of room. I can't see anyone loading longer than that. If so, they will just have to let me know.

TRG-42: Mag length for 250 Scenars and SMKs, is 3.675" in my setup. This is what I load them to.

Chris

They can be loaded pretty long in the Desert Tac SRS mags. I am interested in this as well. I am just starting to load for 338LM.