• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longrange on Oahu?

Parker-Hale Mike

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Was recently on Oahu for 10 days and was wondering if any of the boys from the Hide are on Oahu and where do you shoot? The only range I could find was Koko crater range and it's 200 max?

Idk shit bout Hawaii except that my g/f is going there for a while at the end of this month... thought they were super gay about 2A and firearms in general..?? Regardless Im curious about that username, hit up the Vintage Rifle section and post some pics up dude we'd always love to see some Parker Hales! Such badass rifles...

Was recently on Oahu for 10 days and was wondering if any of the boys from the Hide are on Oahu and where do you shoot? The only range I could find was Koko crater range and it's 200 max?

I'm only aware of the KokoHead shooting complex, on the opposite side of the Kalanianaole highway and just east of Hanauma Bay. I think it's the same one as what you're talking about. The island of Oahu is not as large as what a lot of people think. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the only outdoor facility on the whole island. Yeah and guns are about as popular as leprosy over there. I think trouncing off into the woods somewhere and shooting is probably a sure fire way of having all the liberal neighbors call the cops on you. Possible there may be some open spaces up on the north shore.....but, the neighbors....
Probably a longshot, but maybe see if any of the military bases have ranges that are periodically open to the public. I think it's a stretch, but who knows ?

Koko Head is the only public outdoor range. There's a private club and military ranges, but you're not getting on there unless you know somebody. Also be aware that if you aren't a resident of Hawaii, you can't just bring a firearm in - there's a process and documentation you need. Fuck Hawaii, I can't wait to leave.

I'm only aware of the KokoHead shooting complex, on the opposite side of the Kalanianaole highway and just east of Hanauma Bay. I think it's the same one as what you're talking about. The island of Oahu is not as large as what a lot of people think. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the only outdoor facility on the whole island. Yeah and guns are about as popular as leprosy over there. I think trouncing off into the woods somewhere and shooting is probably a sure fire way of having all the liberal neighbors call the cops on you. Possible there may be some open spaces up on the north shore.....but, the neighbors....
Probably a longshot, but maybe see if any of the military bases have ranges that are periodically open to the public. I think it's a stretch, but who knows ?

I didn't realize that Hawaii was antigun, I knew they were a Democrat voting state so I should have known.

While I was there I visited a few gunshops, OGC tactical being the largest one. Great selection there but the dude running the counter was a bit of a douche when I mentioned I was Canadian. Called us Canadians a bunch of commies because of our Govt healthcare and our dumb gun laws. Pretty ironic now it seems, Up here I live less than 2 hours from two 600yard rifle ranges and have many places to shoot 1500 or more in the bush......

I was hoping there were more places to shoot there. I was thinking of a retirement place down there for 6 months a year.

While I was there I visited a few gunshops, OGC tactical being the largest one. Great selection there but the dude running the counter was a bit of a douche when I mentioned I was Canadian. Called us Canadians a bunch of commies because of our Govt healthcare and our dumb gun laws.

I've been to OGC once; awesome selection, but the guy running the shop there was definitely a douche. I was transferring a rifle in and was standing in line at the cash register. The guy running it was bullshitting with the guy in front of me, but I wasn't in a hurry so I just stood there for a couple minutes admiring what they had on the wall. When he finally acknowledged me and I told him I was there to pick something up, he told me to "go look for one of the minions". I grabbed a guy that was walking in and out of the back room and he was very helpful and got my stuff right away. Once the guy at the register saw I was picking up $7500 worth of rifle, he came over and wanted to be buddy buddy. I talked to him for a few minutes and he seemed like a good enough guy then, but I can only assume it's because he saw future business. There are some good people working there, and whoever I dealt with to set the transfer up was great, but I won't patronize a business that treats customers the way they do.

I didn't realize that Hawaii was antigun, I knew they were a Democrat voting state so I should have known.

While I was there I visited a few gunshops, OGC tactical being the largest one. Great selection there but the dude running the counter was a bit of a douche when I mentioned I was Canadian. Called us Canadians a bunch of commies because of our Govt healthcare and our dumb gun laws. Pretty ironic now it seems, Up here I live less than 2 hours from two 600yard rifle ranges and have many places to shoot 1500 or more in the bush......

I was hoping there were more places to shoot there. I was thinking of a retirement place down there for 6 months a year.

Hmmm........unfortunate that you were treated poorly. FWIW,sincere apologies from an embarrassed American. Funny, some retail workers/owners just don't get it. To me, Oahu is just too small of an island to spend any extended length of time on. Granted, it's fun to go for a week or two, but beyond that, the island starts shrinking. For my tastes, Waimea/Bonzai pipeline is the nicest beach area on the island, but it's one road in/out and it sucks, particularly on the weekends......bumper to bumper.

Have you considered Phoenix/outlying areas ? In the wintertime, I think the population of Canadian snowbirds outnumbers Muricans.....Lots of firearms friendly vendors, lots of ranges and the ability to get out into the shittydingles if your heart desires.

My folks have a place in Arizona they are at. I like Arizona too but something about the islands that I like, not to cracked on all of the butt hurt people over Trump. Big bloody deal, our Prime Minister was only elected because his dad was the Prime Minister at one time and the left loves him. He's dumb as shit and has never accomplished anything other than being a part time drama teacher.....

You guys have a business man that's very rough around the edges. But he has at least accomplished something in his life.

Not so fast buster, don't think for a minute that Canada has a corner on all the rocket surgeons......:cool: We've got our own ongoing dumpster fires in DC that we're mighty proud of.....

This one cracked me up;

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showth...-to-Meet-Trudeau-and-Makes-Googly-Eyes-at-Him.

The pics look like highschool Prom and everyone is way too afflicted with themselves.

But, if I have to look at all that shit in the media, I'd rather look at her than Loretta Lynch.....

When I was a kid, my dad had a small airplane, a Citabria taildragger. Kind of a souped up Piper Cub. Our family home was/is in Seattle and it was common for him to fly up to Vancouver to meet business clients. One day, I went with him. I was about 10 at the time and it was June, just after school let out for the summer. We departed Seattle and flew into Vancouver International (YVR). We then taxied over to the FBO area on the south side of the airport complex. We're being guided/instructed by the ground crew to our parking spot and all of a sudden, the main fuselage door of the biz jet parked next to our spot comes flying open. A black lab (IIRC) comes running down the air stairs, runs across the ramp, straight at us and under the front of the plane. We were still taxiing (motor running, prop turning) and I fully expected dog sushi all over the front of the plane. Because it was taildragger, the prop was high enough that it cleared the dog. Guess who got out of the plane next ? The father of your current Prime Minister. He started chasing the dog. If it wasn't for the fact that my dad shut down the engine early, we probably would have ended up with a new Prime Minister paint job. For some reason, my dad recognized him immediately. All the color was drained from my dad's face, he was just white. I'm sure he was thinking that he didn't want to be known as "that guy" for the rest of his life, for either the dog, or the P/M.

When I was a kid, my dad had a small airplane, a Citabria taildragger. Kind of a souped up Piper Cub. Our family home was/is in Seattle and it was common for him to fly up to Vancouver to meet business clients. One day, I went with him. I was about 10 at the time and it was June, just after school let out for the summer. We departed Seattle and flew into Vancouver International (YVR). We then taxied over to the FBO area on the south side of the airport complex. We're being guided/instructed by the ground crew to our parking spot and all of a sudden, the main fuselage door of the biz jet parked next to our spot comes flying open. A black lab (IIRC) comes running down the air stairs, runs across the ramp, straight at us and under the front of the plane. We were still taxiing (motor running, prop turning) and I fully expected dog sushi all over the front of the plane. Because it was taildragger, the prop was high enough that it cleared the dog. Guess who got out of the plane next ? The father of your current Prime Minister. He started chasing the dog. If it wasn't for the fact that my dad shut down the engine early, we probably would have ended up with a new Prime Minister paint job. For some reason, my dad recognized him immediately. All the color was drained from my dad's face, he was just white. I'm sure he was thinking that he didn't want to be known as "that guy" for the rest of his life, for either the dog, or the P/M.

LOL, this cracked me up. Dumbass running towards turning props.
Sad part is that the Eldest Trudeau was the smart one.......Actually an evil genius.

Idk shit bout Hawaii except that my g/f is going there for a while at the end of this month... thought they were super gay about 2A and firearms in general..?? Regardless Im curious about that username, hit up the Vintage Rifle section and post some pics up dude we'd always love to see some Parker Hales! Such badass rifles...

dont worry about your girlfriend she'll come back just like you left her...
freshly fucked, ah ha ha ha ha...
just kidding, no dissin, we used to say that to each outher when going out to the field...

I have done a little digging and found the Hawaii Rifle Association and the Pu'uloa rifle club that shoots on the EWA range a few times a year.

On the HRA site they have links for the firearms laws on HI, man that is brutal. It makes Canada look like Tennessee.......

That state is run by lunatics, visits only I guess.........

Thanks for all the replies boys.

Yeah, parts of it are very pretty, but I just can't get behind supporting an economy when the place is so liberal. My daughter worked over there (can't remember which island) and she grew to hate it. Seem to remember her biggest gripe was the rampant drug/meth/crack and associated crime problem. She ended up getting all of her belongings ripped off including ID and credit cards. We ended up buying a one way ticket for her to come home. Getting ripped off was the last straw for her. The luster of the Waimea paradise area that I like so much wears off pretty quick when you're sitting in bumper to bumper gridlock.