• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longrifles Inc. 300WSM

blackfoot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Alaska
After a brief jaunt into the 6.5 SAUM territory, I had Chad at Longrifles Inc spin up 300WSM barrel on their group buy Remington 700 package. This is his match reamer with a .335NK and SAMMI freebore. After getting a load dialed in and getting used to the stock, this thing has proven to be a hammer. Remington 700 stainless action off of a 7mm SAUM Sendero, Krieger 1:10 5R sendero contour at 26", LRI brake, PTG bolt, Timney Calvin Elite trigger, Wyatt extended magazine box, PTG Oberndorf canoe sytle bottom metal, Atlas rail, Badger EFR, Manners T4 BDL Mini Chassis, Badger Rings, Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 MOA.

I'm running 215 Berger Hybrids, pointed, over 61.8 gr RL17, Fed 215M primers, Norma brass for 2940fps

Took it out tonight and first three shots, including the cold bore shot, went into .174"

Went to 300 and laid down this .4 MOA group

Then proceeded to bang the little pepper popper at 300 yards. This was all off the Atlas bipod and a rear bag.

Hats off to LRI and Manners for outstanding products and workmanship!!!

Quick question on your neck. With the .335 neck what are you turning you turning your necks to? And what's your loaded round neck diameter. Thinking about the 300 myself. Just debating between a no turn and a turn neck.

Thanks. Nice rifle.

I am turning necks and running only about 1.5 thousands total clearance. With the long bullets seated deep, the donut forming is a concern so I expand the neck and turn one more time after firing to push the donut to the outside and turn it down. Then on subsequent firings, I size with a .333 bushing and run the K&M neck reamer to check for/remove any donut formation, then size with my final .332 bushing for neck tension. Much more of a pain then just loading and shooting, but I enjoy it.

So as closely as I can measure, .01275 thickness for a .3335 loaded round, .0015 total clearance.