• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LongRifles, Inc and my 300 WSM

Wylie Custom

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2011
I want to thank Chad Dixon and his guys at LongRifles, Inc for delivering me this gift just before Christmas.

Here are the specs:

Action: Stiller Predator Short Mag
Barrel: Rock 1-10, 24 inches
Trigger: Jewell
Stock: Manners T-5
Scope: Nightforce
My load is 185 Berger VLD 30 off, 66g H4350, BR-2 primer, Winchester or Remington Brass.

DSC_2748.jpg

DSC_2709.jpg

DSC_2711.jpg

DSC_2712.jpg

DSC_2713.jpg

DSC_2714.jpg

DSC_2715.jpg

Re: LongRifles, Inc and my 300 WSM

Nice shooting and Grate looking stick

About two weeks. Picked up an action in stock. Got barrel from bugholes in stock. Shipped to LongRifles and in a week it was on its way back. Got a Manners that was in stock and bolted it together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge Hammer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About two weeks. Picked up an action in stock. Got barrel from bugholes in stock. Shipped to LongRifles and in a week it was on its way back.</div></div>

Thanks.

I loaded up 67.5 grains of H4350 and it averaged 3024 fps with the 185vld. The group was about .4 inches at 100 yards off a bipod.

I'm in the market for a similar build. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the barreled action? I have access to a Rem short action stock I like.

I don't want the same old thing everyone else has and I hunt with a 300wsm so I figure I can share ammo when I start hand loading.

Any advice would be appreciated on building something like this or going with a factory config and upgrading as needed.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OceanTackle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the market for a similar build. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the barreled action? I have access to a Rem short action stock I like.

I don't want the same old thing everyone else has and I hunt with a 300wsm so I figure I can share ammo when I start hand loading.

Any advice would be appreciated on building something like this or going with a factory config and upgrading as needed.

Thanks </div></div>

The gunsmithing was $200 and I believe the cerekote was also $200. The barrel was 300 from bugholes and the action is $900.00.

I would send it to Chad Dixon. He will make it a shooter. If you plan on using mags I would get the aw action but I am going to run mine using Wyatt's box and Remington bottom metal.