• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s "Look what I found!"

Re: "Look what I found!"

thats awesome "hey look what i found...a grenade" lets take it to a building full of people and drop it off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who turns in a perfectly good grenade? </div></div>

Don't think I would consider an 80 year old TNT based grenade in a flower pot "perfectly good"

I got one better than that...I was working for a small PD, to remain nameless, as a corporal. Early one morning I get a call from the officer on duty advising me that they had responded to a call and had found a strange object. When I got to the PD and saw what they had found I almost had a heart attack. These two officers, one of which had more time in than me, had found a pipe bomb complete with fuse attached. I immediately cleared the PD and called for a State Police bomb tech who came out and took the "item" out to corner of our local air strip and set it off. Made a pretty good pop too. We had a nice long chat about what not to do in the future.

Happens more than you think. We had a guy pass on in town. Widow called us about coming to take away some old ammunition 'and stuff' out of the basement.

The "and stuff" included a whole pile of grenades the guy brought back from Vietnam... about 20 of the things. Including some Chinese grenades. Bomb squad from nearby took them away and detonated them. They were all live and perfectly viable.

Guy who died also had a really nice M2 carbine (select fire) that ended up going who-knows-where as it was unregistered and ATF took it away.

No charges filed... we (and ATF) thanked the widow for calling us and glad noone got hurt. But beware of what lurks in basements!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Quite a few years ago we had a man in the town I grew up in take a grenade he found into a outdoorsman store to see what its worth... The cops were called, store closed... yadda yadda

Not a grenade story, I was at a local gun shop when an older man brought in a fully functional L2A1 his son aquired while he was deployed overseas. He was trying to sell it to give the money to his daughter-in-law because his son became a deadbeat and wasn't paying child support anymore.