• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes look what uso made for me

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
check out what jeff and the boys at us optics made for me.

DSCF0372.jpg

i called jeff and told him that the flat black one that comes with the erek knob is ugly and boring. i wanted something that looked as good as the scope. i asked them if they could make me a cover with the us optics logo on it. well, to my surprise they've never done that one before and said ill see what they can do. well, here it is, 2 weeks later and looks so much better than the original. kinda putting it out there for yall to see. what do yall think?

Re: look what uso made for me

how did i fuck up. it was my idea to have one made and i told him i would spread the word for him. i did it for uso

You must have the first one...I have never seen one before.
Pretty damn cool!

JRose is right...the rush will be your fault entirely.
laugh.gif

It is important to have someone to blame for all things.
laugh.gif

Ok,, you mean those suckers got time to make stupid caps... Don't they have better things to be building? Like those MST's ?!?
laugh.gif
JK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys most of you will end up painting over it anyway!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

There's no way I'd paint on an expensive scope...
grin.gif

I wonder how long it will take before this is a standard ordering option.

I talked to Nick about doing that 2 years ago LOL. Glad they finally got it done!

They look really good!

Shawn......how in the hell could you forget to tell me about that at the match Saturday???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok,, you mean those suckers got time to make stupid caps... Don't they have better things to be building? Like those MST's ?!?
laugh.gif
JK </div></div>

+10!

But apart from that...it does look pretty cool!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ritten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shawn......how in the hell could you forget to tell me about that at the match Saturday??? </div></div>

dude, it just came in yesterday. I asked Jeff about t 2 weeks ago and it just came in bro. My bad. Why, u jealous now? Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ritten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shawn......how in the hell could you forget to tell me about that at the match Saturday??? </div></div>

dude, it just came in yesterday. I asked Jeff about t 2 weeks ago and it just came in bro. My bad. Why, u jealous now? Lol
</div></div>

Jealous......nahhhh. Now if it makes you shoot any better then I may have to see about adding one to my SN-3, but for now I'm still beating you by 12 points!
laugh.gif

chiller. And emails.

Ritten. Who knows, but it looks better than the flat black one. Well see what happens at the next match. I'm hoping don calls me soon. Next week isn't coming fast enough

I had a feeling this would happen. If anyone is interested in getting one of these caps just shoot me an e-mail. We haven't determined a price yet but I'll try post that by the end of today.

This would be good for some of us who don't have T-PAL scopes with the big US Optics on the front... Another piece for branding purposes, as if people won't recognize a USO when they see one...
laugh.gif

Great idea S.i.t. I would imagine USO can laser engrave different insignias on there as well, for different branches of service...

Jeff, email inbound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We actually did try this before, but the old logo didn't look good......did anyone notice that it is a different logo?
John III </div></div>

Slightly different yeah... More stars in this one, and address is replaced by web address. The Eagle looks a bit different also. Were those it John? Or are there more differences?

Awesome! Had to order a new knob and just picked up one of these as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys most of you will end up painting over it anyway!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Yea, but I would still know it's there under the paint.
wink.gif

That is slick.

I would order one, but yes my scope will get a dose of krylon camo after I verify tracking and function.

HOWEVER, I could get one and wear it around my neck on a chain! Kind of like the Mercedes hood ornaments back in the day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lone wolf, why not just put it on the scope after u krylon it </div></div>

What I was gonna say. The two-toned look would be killer. Since you would mask off the click values on the knobs anyway, no problem just removing the cover while painting, then put it back on.
smile.gif

Just got return mail from Jeff for the two I am ordering... Good times. By the way, I am customizing mine with different words on them, in case people are wondering if it can be done.

We have put the Marine Corp Eagle, Globe & Anchor on a few guys' sunshades and T-PAL objectives so any other ensignia or seal is doable as well.

I'm thinking our laser engraver would have no problem engraving through the Krylon but we have had some issues engraving on Cerakote. It's always worth a shot though.

you could sell those as key chains. Can I get one on OD green since I seem to have lost my solid cover.
I am selling my scope to fund a build and would really like to send it with both covers. Sucks, but it is the only thing I have that is worth enough...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you could sell those as key chains. Can I get one on OD green since I seem to have lost my solid cover.
I am selling my scope to fund a build and would really like to send it with both covers. Sucks, but it is the only thing I have that is worth enough... </div></div>

PM me what you are selling. I may be interested

Am I the only one that saw the USO Girls photos???
crazy.gif
I sooooo think they should use those as pasties on the next calendar...

3 USO's in this house and 5 caps to be ordered... If the USO girls wont wear them I will make the wife
wink.gif

I'd like to see those pictures. A beautiful woman with only the USO caps covering the nips. Now that sounds awesome

The whole point of the Krylon is to hide the scope. A black circle is rare in nature and draws the eye.

Now if the engraving was deep enough that I could still see it under a light dusting of krylon, then I may be interested.

Depends on how much it's going to cost. I spend quite a bit on ammo right now.

True, but then again I don't shoot tactical or sniper matches with my rifle. I shoot fclass target rifle. So camo isn't an issue for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see those pictures. A beautiful woman with only the USO caps covering the nips. Now that sounds awesome </div></div>

I knew some of you would see my logic!!!
wink.gif