• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lookin for a target upper .223

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
As the title says, I am looking for a target upper in .223. A flattop with rails, heavy barrel. Something in the range of 20". This will be for long range " target " shooting. Who makes a good one. I will have about 1000 for the upper.

Like to add 1:7 twist to shoot the heavies.

Re: lookin for a target upper .223

For $1000, I'd suggest taking a hard look at:

DPMS Mini-SASS
WOA SDM-R or varmint
BCM Mk. 12
Noveske Rogue Hunter (unobtainium)

Or:
$99 stripped upper
$50 upper parts kit
$350 Daniel Defense Lite Rail mid length
$500 on the best barrel you can find (send your upper to Krieger and have them barrel it).

and done. With a little research $1k can go a long way.

Re: lookin for a target upper .223

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Hippie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For $1000, I'd suggest taking a hard look at:

DPMS Mini-SASS
WOA SDM-R or varmint
BCM Mk. 12
Noveske Rogue Hunter (unobtainium)

Or:
$99 stripped upper
$50 upper parts kit
$350 Daniel Defense Lite Rail mid length
$500 on the best barrel you can find (send your upper to Krieger and have them barrel it).

and done. With a little research $1k can go a long way. </div></div>

Add in a BCG and a gas block/tube if the barrel is not a Noveske. Also figure in the charging handle if it isn't included in the upper parts quote.

If you want it in the next few weeks, 1000$ may be tough if not impossible. If you're willing to wait, you should be able to get a good upper within your price range.