• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lookin for an upper.

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
I'm not new the the hide just new the AR platfom. I'm lookn for a flait top upper with a target crown. This will have to a commifornia complaint AR and featureless weapon. No BB, no pistol grip and no adjustable stock. Would like a fast twist for the heavies.
Caliber based on 5.56 type one each. I will have a budget of about a grand.
Thanks

Re: lookin for an upper.

You mean this bro:

Hello All,
I am not new to the hide BUT ill be asking a STUPID question. I currently reside in PRK or Cali. I would like to build a NEW featureless AR rifle. I would like it to have a flat top, A4 upper. Also would like a fast twist to shoot the heavier bullets for long range. BUT would like to keep it based of the 5.56 round in case I needed to use some. I have a budget of a grand for my upper. Any advice or recommendations would be great! Thanks for the help......

And my answer:
Buy a White Oak Service rifle barrel, 12" free float tube, A2 stock, NM trigger, any basic AR lower and A4 flat top upper. Those parts will net you a 1k complete rifle that shoots lights out.

Barrel178.jpg

This build here including scope was 1k:
Rifle004.jpg

Ahh you edited your post to be better written. Nice work sir.

Yes, I have poor writing skills. That's why I'm a carpenter not a pencil pusher. Thanks for the advice.

Basically for what you want, that setup CANT be beat. Those 24" super heavy ass rifles are a waist. My old rifle weighed like 14 pounds. It was WAY heavy.

This is for punching paper and ringing steel. I hunt with a bolt gun in .308. Not to worried about humping a heavy gun around.

Well then you will have left over money.
$225.00 for barrel
$100.00 A4 upper
$200.00 -$350.00 for handguard
$150.00 for bolt carrier group
$75.00 for gas tube and low profile gas block.

Figure 600.00 to 800.00 buys you a TOP of the line upper..... Get ur hands dirty and put it together and save some money. Fuck paying these people crazy prices for used shit.

Thanks cypriss. I do a lot of shooting at little panoche maybe we can hook and shoot.