• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking at a 7moa aimpoint.

chris223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2009
chicago
do you think a 7 moa dot on an aimpoint is too much?
I never heard of a dot that big. Any advice would be great.
thanks.

Re: Looking at a 7moa aimpoint.

7 moa is really big. What would you shoot with that? cars doors? refrigerators?

It all depends on what you will be using it for.

The closer the application, the bigger the dot (but even then I think a 7 MOA dot is WAY to big!).

Just my 2 cents.

Shoot Straight,
Josh

that 7min dot was for action pistol use , i'm pretty sure.

Trijicon makes the large dot as well for their RMR, they have 7 & 13 moa in dot and triangles. Sounds good for a shotgun or some pistol applications. I guess it serves its purpose close quarters.

Which Aimpoint? All the .mil models either have a 2 or 4 MOA dot. Are you looking at one of the hunting models?

I would stick with 2 or 4, I had a 6 MOA dot and at 100 yards well it covers half the target. Good enough for combat accuracy, but not great, for CQB that big dot was nice though.

RS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Aimpoint? All the .mil models either have a 2 or 4 MOA dot. Are you looking at one of the hunting models? </div></div>

Early Aimpoint "Comp" models featured various dot sizes including 7moa.