• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Looking at getting a thermal scope for coyotes.

king1886ranch

Minuteman
Feb 27, 2017
Alright guys, if you research different thermal scopes and brands you can find a million different answers as to what’s good and what’s not. I want some actual testimonies from y’all on “I’ve used this thermal and…” I want to hear the good and the bad! I don’t necessarily need the absolute best but I do want quality. I’ll be using it mainly for coyotes on my own property and maybe some hog hunting at my father-in-law’s place once a year.

I have a super hogster and a r-25 hogster I use for scanning. I don’t have a lot of hours behind them but they are simple to use once you figure them out and do everything I’ve needed them to do so far.

I use a hogster 35 for pigs and yotes. It works great for me and has never let me down. Super hogster has a tad bit more base mag, and if I was strictly after yotes, I would use that.

I too am just getting in to thermal. I just bought a Bearing Optics Phenon monocular. It is a new 640 core and is awesome. I use it to spot and shoot with a Wraith Nvision scope which is not so awesome. I will be buying a Bearing Optics Super Yoter scope. I've been researching for about six months now and for the money I think they will fit the bill. There is tons of video on the subject which makes the choice easy. The hard part is turning loose the cash. Find someone who has quality thermals and go out for a test drive. It is a game changer for night hunting.

For a budget the Hogster R35 is a good optic. The Yoter R or clipon Yoter C look very promising. Also look at the NOX-18. Also depends on the type of terrain you have around you on what optic will be better.