• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking at KRG bravo Opinions?

Teshalor

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2023
Massachusetts
Looking for a entry-level/budget option and still being able to take it out to hunt occasionally is the KRG bravo a decent chassis to do this with? Everywhere I read it's said an ELD chassis isn't good for hunting and a hunting chassis isn't good for ELD. Currently have a rem 700 with synthetic stock.

Reactions: BurtG
Lots and lots of threads on how dope the bravo is and should serve your purpose well. The main reason I like krg stuff is how modular it is and it is very easy to build what you want over time just buying a part here and there. I have my tac a1 in an X-ray and my 10/22 in a bravo and like both a lot.

Any ideas on where to get it cheaply? Looking online either Sydner precision or their own website seems cheapest or is there better?

The only issue I have with the Bravo is the forend is to short.
Or by the time you upgrade it you should have just bought a used MDT/ACC, I wasn’t going to get one till I did the math

or maybe people who hunt that were asked don't like the stocks , maybe people who like them were not asked . The only way to know for sure would be fore you to try it yourself and decide if you like it or not . You could also go the with the mdt chassis that looks just like the krg but will not require bedding or pillering what ever way you go i hope it all works out for you the way you want it to .

Reactions: Ronws and Teshalor
Any ideas on where to get it cheaply? Looking online either Sydner precision or their own website seems cheapest or is there better?
KRG price is a bit less than Snyder's. I hunt with a chassis. My favorite hunting rifle for the last three seasons is my TC Compass II in .308 Win and the factory synthetic stock was pretty good because it has aluminum pillar bedding. And that stock was approximately 2 pounds. But I really like chassis and so I put it in the Oryx, which weighs 4.2 pounds. All told, with chassis, Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24X50 and a loaded ten round mag, it weighs about 12 lbs.

So, the KRG Bravo at 2.9 pounds is less than that. Because you have the aluminum rail in there for bedding, it is going to be great for precision. And yes, you can hunt with it. I don't mind carrying a rifle that is heavier than maybe a Tikka. When it comes to shooting, I think the rifle should come first. I would rather carry less snacks and more rifle.

What's more important than what someone else thinks or trying to pacify the "cool" factor is do what is comfortable for you. If I were you, I would get the Bravo. I would have had one but they do not make one for the 7.01 inches distance between action screws that I have on my TC Compass II.

That being said, I like the Oryx. And I put my Mossberg Patriot .308 W in an MDT chassis, the LSS Gen 2 with a folding stock adapter and SCS buttstock. Doesn't feel any heavier than the Oryx. And it made that rifle a 1 MOA rifle.

On the other hand, my R16SFST-308 (AR-10) is 14 lbs but is easy to carry because of how it is balanced and that is with a loaded 20 rd mag.

And, reading others, the good thing about MDT and their subsidiary, Oryx, the whole chassis is aluminum and is the bedding and the barrel is truly floating free. MLOK holes for whatever you want.

Bravo is a great crossover chassis/stock. I have my 6.5 creed light comp/heavy hunting rifle in one and really like it. I fully intended to upgrade it to an X-ray or Whiskey 3 but just haven't felt the need. I also run my .22 trainer in a Bravo for common ergos.

I use Bravos with a B14R and a 20" 6BR all purpose rifle. My only beef with Bravo was the short fore end while using Harris S-BRM.

A minimalist spigot and Atlas CAL addressed that issue for me.

Does the Bravo chassis feel hollow/weak or like cheap plastics? My main issue is lack of detachable mag, and the hollow plastic feeling the rem 700 synthetic it comes with.

It feels a bit cheap compared to higher end stuff but still feels good. I actually really like the ergos of them. I also think it is a great crossover chassis and have used it as such. I also strongly recommend the spigot mount. Can really steady the rifle having it farther out.

Reactions: Ronws
And not one person has mentioned that Sako Green color! Actually it really grew on me.

My depth of experience is shallow in the world of precision rifles. That said, as mentioned above this thing is really comfortable. It's probably as light as it will get as it comes out of the box, any upgraded parts (and KRG has plenty!) will increase weight.

They also offer a mil/leo service discount if that applies to you.

My Remington 700 Varmint was originally in an H-S Precision Police Stock, then the H-S Varmint stock, and now a KRG Bravo.

I both shoot long range and hunt with it. I wanted lighter for hunting in the mountains (my last mule deer buck was at 10,000 feet above sea level). Some folks on this site ADD weight to it.

Reactions: Teshalor
Minor thing, but KRG bravo is one of the best for use in the winter/cold due to there is lots of plastic. Stock is nice, also because its not alot of snags, relative to most comp stock/chassis with skeletonize aluminum rear ends and foreneds. Needs a spigot, as mentioned above. The OEM harris interface is cramped when using podlock.

I have one one on my cz455 and one on my custom build. I really like em. Wish the rimfire versions had the aluminum all the way thru the forend though. Can't beat em for the money and found em more to my liking then my MPA BA comp chassis.

Works fine for me as a hunting rifle:

PXL_20220823_211638757.PORTRAIT.jpg

Looking for a entry-level/budget option and still being able to take it out to hunt occasionally is the KRG bravo a decent chassis to do this with? Everywhere I read it's said an ELD chassis isn't good for hunting and a hunting chassis isn't good for ELD. Currently have a rem 700 with synthetic stock.
Maybe everywhere you read didn't include Rokslide?

As someone intimated above, could be good to check out what backcountry hunters think about it. Here's two starting places:

And here's mine, in a prior form. Just waiting on a Minox ZP5 with THLR reticle to arrive to swap out the scope. The 365 g / 12.9 oz suppressor has also just been swapped out for a 164 g / 5.8 oz titanium option.

Apologies for the grainy image - old camera and fading light. Will post pics of the final build here in the main Bravo and Tikka threads when it's finished.

1673340075064.png

They just came out with a Ruger American version, so when they come in stock I might have to try one on a .300 Blackout project I have going. I wanted to retain the AR mags rather than using AICS, but there are only a few chassis that offer that and I can’t justify the price difference for what I’m doing.

Reactions: Teshalor
Basic question. I have a Remington SPS SA with a factory floor plate. Can the action be dropped into the Bravo Chassis with the factory floor plate?