• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking at LR targets

Jdaniel343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
Casper,WY 82601
Has any one tried to use 2 cell phones, one at the shooters location and the other mounted on a tripod with camera lens aiming at the target and connecting both thru Skype?
I think this would be a great way to look at target at extreme distances.
I would try this but I don't get good cell phone service at the area I shoot LR.

I believe the new Go-Pro Hero 3, has the ability to control it and "stream" to your cell phone via their app. Probably an easier route to go, plus when you are done, you have full HD video of all the action. I have the previous model that doesn't have that ability, but I still set mine up at the target and record everything. The new ones have better battery life, but I can record in full HD for 6hrs straight with the battery pack and 32G SD card. Plus the thing is only 2"x2"x2" max, is waterproof, $400 or so, and you don't need to be 14yrs old to know how to operate it.

Like I said, I don't have that capability on mine, so I would confirm that if you were buying one solely for that, but i find myself using it all the time even without it. They are pretty bad ass!