• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking at putting together a trainer

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I'm looking to put together a 22lr trainer upper for my work gun. I already have a 22lr Ceiner conversion kit that runs like a champ and I ordered a Primary Arms clone of the Aimpoint Micro T-1 that I have. I would like to find a 16 twist 10.5" barrel to put onto a receiver and run with my conversion kit but I'm not having much luck. I'm trying to do this without breaking the bank so I'm hoping to avoid having to buy from a top quality barrel manufacturer. I've also not have great luck cutting down a 22lr barrel without affecting accuracy.

Does anyone offer uppers or complete barrel assemblies for use with the Ceiner/CMMG conversion kits? If not, does anyone offer a 10.5" dedicated 22lr upper with FSB?

Here is a pic of the rifle I am attempting to clone:
P1020887.jpg

ETA: Full auto capability is not necessary. I have a LMT SBR at my dealer waiting for the stamp to come in and once it does I'm giving up FA capability. I don't use it anyway.

Re: Looking at putting together a trainer

Well, I guess you're right about that. I'm looking to do some of the $.04/round shooting rather than the $.41/round shooting.
smile.gif

Re: Looking at putting together a trainer

Phylo from time to time JSEsurplus had some barrels in 11.5 without gas hole for $100 smackers that would work great for a 22LR trainer.If you want to go really short they have 7" barrels for $100.