• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes looking at the PST

flynbye

Just Rich
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2013
OHiO
I just a got a rem 700 sps. I am looking at larue rail and the vortex viper pst not to sure about rings right not i would like to get as low as i can. my question is how many people are use a setup (at least glass) like this and what has been your feelings torwards the pst ? and since no thread is complete without pic's here you go

well never mind i cant get them to load

I personally think you cant go wrong with a PST espically on a budget scope. Only other scope that would qualify would prolly be a Super Sniper 3-15 just bacause of its price and being FFP. But anywho. PST is a great scope I have had a few of them and have never had a problem. They have all tracked great and is realitively good glass for that price range. Best thing about them is you can get a used one for some good prices on here whether it be FFP or SFP. Also you can message RangerWalker on here and I am sure he can hook a brotha up on price. I just bought one the other day on here 4-16x50 SFP mil/mil for 500. Hard to beat.

And also your idea is fine on the rings base combo. Larue makes a good rail. I like the seekins rail with recoil lug. I would do seekins rings/base combo. But as stated larue rail will do the job.

looking around i dont think i will find some to say something bad about seekins. but my only thing is it dosnt come with hardware. so by the time you add it up i can get a nightforce. So the way i thinking is larue (save 30.) or buy nightforce

What are you talking about as far as hardware? Seekins base? Every base I have bought came with hardware. I just got a talley base the other day. Its 20 moa with full slots entire length and it was 50 bucks. Very nice rail I was impressed as they are not really known for tactical style stuff. Although I have read a few places where people said they were not getting full 20 moa. But mine was same as badger rail I replaced. Scope was bout 2 clicks off at 100

but my only thing is it dosnt come with hardware.

Explain? Every base comes with the proper mounting screws. From Seekins' site:

"Seekins Precision Picatinny scope bases are precisely manufactured to the 1913 picatinny spec. All of our rifle bases incorporate a recoil lug built into the base to eliminate stress on the mounting screws as well as eliminate any movement during recoil. Seekins Precision bases are available in 0, 20 and 30 MOA to add adjustment in your scope for extended range. We chose grade 8, T15 Torx screws to solidly attach our base to your action. Made to perfection from 7075 Billet aluminum and Type III hard coat anodize. Weight is approximately 2 ounces on a short action base. "

Seekins is an excellent choice. Not only excellent products but Glen supports the sports and has been a member here on the Hide for years. Not to mention a great guy.

The Vortex PST is a very good scope in that price range. Lots of good features. It will work very well for you.

Take a look at the talley bases as I stated above. Very nice rail for 50-60 bucks. Here is a pic installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Take a look at the Weaver 3-15 EMDR FFP.
You could also wait for another couple of weeks and try to score the new Burris XTR II scopes coming soon.

[MENTION=82525]flynbye[/MENTION], I have 2 different 700's setup with PST's. If I do my part, they go above and beyond what I need them to. 4-16 on my 223, and 6-24 on my Stiller action 6xc.

I have Seekins rings on the 6-24 and Leupold rings on the 4-16. For te budget I had to build with, I'm a very happy user.

Explain? Every base comes with the proper mounting screws. From Seekins' site:

"Seekins Precision Picatinny scope bases are precisely manufactured to the 1913 picatinny spec. All of our rifle bases incorporate a recoil lug built into the base to eliminate stress on the mounting screws as well as eliminate any movement during recoil. Seekins Precision bases are available in 0, 20 and 30 MOA to add adjustment in your scope for extended range. We chose grade 8, T15 Torx screws to solidly attach our base to your action. Made to perfection from 7075 Billet aluminum and Type III hard coat anodize. Weight is approximately 2 ounces on a short action base. "

Seekins is an excellent choice. Not only excellent products but Glen supports the sports and has been a member here on the Hide for years. Not to mention a great guy.

The Vortex PST is a very good scope in that price range. Lots of good features. It will work very well for you.

ok this is my fault i never scrolled down far enough i just click on the base

No problem. Just wanted to make sure you and others get the right info. Didn't want you to think Seekins half assed anything ;)

I have had several Vortex PST line scopes, 1-4, 4-16 (currently), 6.5-24... Most people will say you cannot beat them for the price but I beg to differ. The only thing this scope has going for it is its features, if you really need all of them and its warranty. I have sent this scope back twice for parallax problems. Received it new and everything checked out fine. Mounted it up and stuck it in the safe ready for my next outing. Got out in the field and the parallax knob broke. A little frustrated I packed up and drove 1.5 hours home. No problem though because Vortex will fix or replace. Got my scope "repaired" and after roughly 600+ rounds I decided to send it back because my rifle magically did not group worth a damn. Parallax would not adjust consistently and would cause my groups to vary. Received the scope back again "repaired" and it has worked great since.

Glass quality and turrets are lacking when compared to something such as a Sightron SIII 6.5-24 FFP MH. Which is by far a superior scope that cost $100 less than the PST 6.5-24 FFP. The lit reticle and zero stops are features that I personally will never use. Until Sightron comes out with something in the 3-4x lower end range I will keep the Vortex. If I were to buy anything Vortex again I may try their HD model, but never again the PST line. I find the PST line to be worth less than the retail price and would recommend purchasing used.