• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for 22 pistol/suppressor host...

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I am looking for a HIGH quality 22 pistol it does not have to come factory with a threaded barrel, but it will be threaded eventually if it does not already come that way. Pistols I already own are:

Ruger with a Pac-Lite
Ruger MK 2 threaded
Tactical Solutions 2211 upper
Walther P22
Smith and Wesson Mod. 41

Not really interested in a Glock conversion kit. Searching for something all steel. I would like to know the pluses of whatever it is that you recommend. Some of the pistols I have been looking at are:

CZ Kadet
Sig P226 in 22lr
Beretta 87 regular and Target

I am sure I am missing some. If those are good choices please tell me why you think so.

ETA: My Mod. 41 is not threaded. If they make a good suppressor host, I may just have that threaded. Anyone have one threaded?

Re: Looking for 22 pistol/suppressor host...

I have been very happy with my GSG 1911 in .22. It comes with a threaded barrel. All you need is an adapter that I picked up at the store when I got the GSG for $35.00 I think.

i-9PWTJjC-L.jpg

How about a micro. I just got this one from xcaliber firearms. The also make a micro suppressor in their genesis line. The suppressor is on the way to me, but I cant speak for that yet. However, the threading on the bobcat is done very well. Look them up and they will cut you a good deal if you order both as an FFL/SOT.

The only thing that sucks, is that they are in AZ and the form 3's are taking forever in that state. I've been waiting over 3 months for the form 3 to clear on the suppressor.

photobucket-37324-1340060226915.jpg

I'm running a S&W M&P in .22LR and love it, the only bad part was having to buy the adaptor.

After getting the M&P, I sold my 2 Ruger MKIIs....

1. GSG 1911 22

2. Browning Buckmark

Are you people serious? I stressed HIGH QUALITY and you are mentioning a GSG 1911 and M&P and a Browning Buckmark. I also mentioned that I have already a 2211 upper that is on a dedicated lower so why in the world would I want another 1911-22 that is far inferior? Come on people, if you don't bother to read the original post or put some thought in to your response please don't bother. If I wanted the latest piece of shit I'd go to Cabelas and let the retard behind the counter recommend something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you people serious? I stressed HIGH QUALITY and you are mentioning a GSG 1911 and M&P and a Browning Buckmark. I also mentioned that I have already a 2211 upper that is on a dedicated lower so why in the world would I want another 1911-22 that is far inferior? Come on people, if you don't bother to read the original post or put some thought in to your response please don't bother. If I wanted the latest piece of shit I'd go to Cabelas and let the retard behind the counter recommend something. </div></div>

LOL..Good luck in your adventure to find a high quality .22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
v6kj9i.jpg
</div></div>

I own an HD Military as well... thought about sending it off to have an integral suppressor built on it but decided to keep it as is.

I LOVE the Sig P226, just by look and feel. Never owned, only held at the gun shop and got slobber all over it... and if I didn't already have a Glock 34 AND the .22lr Conversion for it, that's the one I would look at personally.

I usually base my .22lr pistol on the same principle as a .22lr rifle trainer. I personally like to have a full size for one purpose and a .22lr to plink and play. If I can get a conversion for the full size that I already want...then that's a win/win in my book.

If you've already got all those available to you, get the Sig/conversion and tell me how you like it. I may need a new pony in the play house.
smile.gif

WOW dude, relax. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion of quality. You asked for responses so dont be a total asshatter when you dont like thier input. Thier are not many HIGH QUALITY .22's out there. I would do a conversion kit on your choice of pistol and have a smith build a barrel to your specs. The skies the limit. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you people serious? I stressed HIGH QUALITY and you are mentioning a GSG 1911 and M&P and a Browning Buckmark. I also mentioned that I have already a 2211 upper that is on a dedicated lower so why in the world would I want another 1911-22 that is far inferior? Come on people, if you don't bother to read the original post or put some thought in to your response please don't bother. If I wanted the latest piece of shit I'd go to Cabelas and let the retard behind the counter recommend something. </div></div>

+1 to the cz. Theyre hefty but duarable
+1 to the sig

What about one of the target model high standards? I hear that people that have them love them. My brother has one, but I have not shot it.

You might also look at colt. A buddie of mine has a real nice semi auto target. That also would be a quality and unusual host.

If all else fails, pick up an RG revolver and have the barrel threaded. (lol)

How does a Hi-Standard rate for you? Not trying to be a smartass, just trying to get a feel a little more what you're looking at.

I agree that the GSG isn't what I'd call a "high quality" but the Ruger Mk I, Mk II, and 22/45's I would put in the "high quality" for this game. I don't like the Mk3 Rugers much for suppressed hosts.

Have you looked at a Hi Standard? There are a couple little tricks that can be done to the breech-face to damp out some of the action noise and they're extremely accurate pistols in my experience. My SOT buddy has one that is all sorts of fun to use.

In regards to the Sig 22LR series.

I like the Mosquitos but with some mag issues out there I wouldn't place them above the Rugers I mentioned.

The 220-22LR was very nice when I shot it, but I didn't get to shoot it suppressed so I have no idea how much action noise it makes or what can be done to damp out the mechanism noises.

No feedback for the 226-22LR you mentioned.

ETA: I see someone mentioned the Hi Standard target models already. Just another thought, I know there are 22WMR Auto-mags out there, is there one in 22LR?

How about a thompson contender? It should be really quiet and accurate as well. Slow shooting, but different.

BTW-- I think you have a gun problem. lol. There is a 12 step program for that.

"Ruger with a Pac-Lite
Ruger MK 2 threaded
Tactical Solutions 2211 upper
Walther P22
Smith and Wesson Mod. 41"

The Beretta Target is a great pistol, but the trigger is lacking in my opinion.

The Browning Buckmark pistols that I have shot suppressed were very reliable and accurate.

I am currently waiting for a Nighthawk AAC pistol and plan on getting a 22 conversion for it. I was told that Nighthawk will have a .22 threaded barrel conversion for it soon.

Ruger Mark-II + VQ internals and can of your choosing, preferably the take-apart variety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ruger Mark-II + VQ internals and can of your choosing, preferably the take-apart variety. </div></div>

Obviously you cannot or did not read. I have one of these already.
crazy.gif