• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for 7mm-08

Smurph_

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Texas
Any ideas where to find match grade 7mm-08? My brother has one and is struggling to find a source for decent ammo. I know it’s not a common chambering these days, but he doesn’t want to part with it at the moment.

There’s no match grade ammunition for 7-08 that I know of.
It’s a handloading affair like 7 saum

You could get a company like copper creek make ammo for it but it won’t be cheap.

Lots for great factory hunting loads to be had out there. HSM makes hunting loads with berger bullets. Like steel said it shines best with hand loads. Check out accurate shooter.com. They have a tab on the side of the page about 7mm cartridges. There are some great loading recipes for 7mm-08 there. Good luck finding either the cartridges or components these days.

IMO There are alot better options than hsm. I have had hsm give pressure signs and stuck bolts on three different rifles. I quit using them for anything. 162-168 are the heaviest I would consider running. Velocity loss with the 180 class of bullets will be pretty dramatic. As stated copper creek, unknown may be your best option when instock. Unknown lists the 162 at 2670 fps. Whereas the 140 is listed at 2830 fps. They don’t currently have a listing for a 180 class bullet in that caliber. Best of luck with your quest.