• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for 9mm host gun for can

beretta989

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
South Dakota Huron area
Looking for a host 9mm pistol that runs good with my 45 Ti rant can. I shot my XDM 9mm and had a lot of blow back in my face. Anybody running a 9mm that handles being suppressed?

Re: Looking for 9mm host gun for can

i dont have a 45can but I do have a 9mm can on a Glock 22. I have not noticed any issues with blowback in my face. I had a slight cycling issue but it was solved quickly with different spring.

I get a little blowback with my HK tactical and .45 Ti-RANT.

I do not get blowback with EVO-9 on G17 or with AAC Phantom on Beretta 92.

I have used a SilencerCo .45 Osprey on my H&K SD9 and Sig 226 Combat with no blowback at all. I prefer the H&K, but both of my guns run perfectly suppressed with the .45 can.

I don't notice blow back with my G19s using TiRant9 and Osprey45 suppressors. I've also shot Evo-9s and SWR Shadow9 cans on these. Guns are stock except for the barrels (KKM and Jarvis Precision).

I don't run any of these wet. If you are putting any wet medium in the suppressor, you will get some back at you.

Mark