• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a 1 day match pack

JuiceboxPNW

Privateer for Hire. Will work for 22LR
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Greensboro
Im looking for a pack at or under $250. I currently have a Eberlestock Bandit. It's almost the perfect size but it doesnt have a good way of attaching a tripod. Looking for recommendations for a sub 1400 cubic inch bag that has good straps for externally attaching a tripod to that has the one big pocuh that opens up that isnt a top pouch. Not sure how to describe it. I purchased the Mystery Ranch Treehouse andwhile its a good fitting backpack, the way the external straps on it makes holding a tripod near impossible. Am currenty eyeballing a Eberlestock Little Brother. Any advice would be great.

I’ve got an Eberlestock Transformer.

I don’t recall the size, but it works well for a match pack.

It has a pouch on both outsides of the pack with straps to hold a tripod in place.

04E14DB5-58E0-4260-8848-7D7CA7620D1C.jpeg

I've used a Mystery Ranch 3 Day assault pack as my match pack (for 1-day and 2-day matches) for years now. Great pack, easy to attach a tripod on the side.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
I run a 1st gen Coulee 25. I generally carry my tripod extended and sling my rifle in front. Gives me one free hand.

But If/when I collapse my tripod, I put one leg in one of the side pockets and use the cinch straps to hold it to the pack and the pocket carries most of the load. But that's a pain in the ass to do every stage. I just keep my binoculars on my tripod and carry it fully extended. Way easier to just kick one of the legs and let the tripod stand when I need an extra hand and it's easy to carry if you find the balance point holding one leg. I try to tension my legs so that they don't spread while carrying but you could also just use a strap that pulls two legs towards the third when you carry it by that strap. But that's one more step to deal with when starting/stopping.

The Coulee filets open. Which is what I think you're trying to describe. Very easy to access stuff but no pockets or panels to organize.
mine:

IMG_0013.JPG

2nd gen from MR's website:

WS21 Coulee 25 110858_del mar-(Open)-1050.jpg

Why not go to Jo-Ann fabrics or someone with sewing skills and add on straps for the tripod? Max $50 and your golden.

I recently picked up a Direct Action Dragon Egg pack and find it to be just want I wanted from a match pack.

Has straps on the side that will hold a tripod and a good admin pocket that allows you to organize all the crap you need to carry around for a match.

Look at stretching you budget and you will get into a pack that will last forever and is made in the US. At $250 you will either get a good pack lacking features or features built into a substandard and heavy pack.

Something from Kifaru like the Shapecharge or Minikeg are perfect.

1400CI is really small. I run a 1900 and its stuffed to the max and I try not to bring to much to a match. A 23-2800 would be about perfect. Its nice to have the extra room for clothing or other shit you may need, and not have to overstuff the bag or rip everything out to get that one piece at the bottom.

I have had a few dozen packs that I accumulated over the years from training to hunting to deployments. Most have been sold off or thrown in the trash.

If I needed to buy a new pack today for Matches, this would be the #1 contender. https://kifaru.net/store/packs/day-packs/minikeg/

I understand it sounds whiney, but having to use straps to hold tripod to pack is irritating. Recommend getting an open top scabbard from Sunrise Tactical and Molle it to the side of your pack.

Reactions: Tortuga
I've used a Mystery Ranch 3 Day assault pack as my match pack (for 1-day and 2-day matches) for years now. Great pack, easy to attach a tripod on the side.
I've been using the civilian 2 day assault....its been good, but I regret not getting the 3 day assault. You know how it is, with gear creep.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I'm currently running a Bandit too. Still trying to find a replacement like you but not 100% sold on anything yet.

Just in case.