• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for a 2.5-10X scope Vortex or Nightforce?

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Looking for the above for my Noveske AR. My choices due to my eye sight, 1-4x 0r 1-6X don't work for me, I need at least 10X magnification so my choices are either:
    Nightforce 2.5-10X32 ZS MOAR Reticle
    Nightforce 2,5-10X42 ZS MOAR Reticle
    Vortex Viper PST FFP 2.5-10X32FFP EBR-1 Reticle

The difference in price is not a factor ~ $700-$900 depending on which Nightforce I go with. I been tossing this around for a few weeks and can't decide which way to go. Any input is appreciated.
    TIA

If you need FFP then the vortex is tempting, especially when you factor in cost but I'm a NF fanboy and for an AR the 2.5-10x32 is perfect

Nightforce's reliability is far greater. That makes it a simple choice to me.

^^ this.

I had the Vortex 2.5-10x32 and the windage knob came off. That was really disappointing since the scope from a feature standpoint, was awesome all around. The knobs have a very solid, tactile click to them, the glass was superb, illumination worked well and fit and finish looked great. But, it broke.

I have the NF now, and it's everything I expected it to be. Plus, that piece of mind to know the reliability track record of NF helped me justify the additional cost.

If it's just a range toy, and you're not going to be competing or using it in a way that would put you out money if it broke, get the Vortex. If there's a chance that having to ship it back will be a major inconvenience, then get the NF.

I have a 2.5-10x24 on my LWRCi and love it. I've even dropped the thing pretty good, no issues.

I spent an hour talking to a guy blasting some tiny , tiny groups at the 200 yard range today with a vortex and a custom semi auto/bolt action he built.

I'd say if money is a concern go with the vortex. If you need something bullet proof go with the NF. I will say, across the board, the only thing that ticks me off about NF is how dark they get in low light conditions. I've found cheaper scopes that are leagues better. I.e. someone gave me their camp rifle because I couldn't see anything when I needed to.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

If money isn't an object than I would go with the Nightforce. I really like my 2.5-10 PST but I only went with it since I was trying to put together a rifle on a budget.

Easy answer.
    If you want FFP, weaver 2-10 FFP tactical.

IOR 2-12 spartan for SFP

I bought a 2.5x10x32 nxs with the MOAR and live it. Perfect size and the glass rocks

FFP/ end thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I own both. The vortex is a lot for the money, good little scope and I like it a lot. That being said......spend the money and get the NF, much better glass and the fit and finish and nobs are so much nicer. If your on a budget then vortex.

Thanks for the reply guys. I can alway count on hide embers to help on decisions like these.

Last edited:
    I know a few people have said FFP but I don't see a point on a scope with this low of power. For me it's hard to use the subtensions on the lower range of a 2.5-10 scope.