• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for a .260 rem load for a Desert Tech

FingerBlaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2017
I've got a Desert Tech w/ a .260 barrel. 1:8.5 twist 26"

I'm looking to do a load development cycle for it. 1200 yards range ideally.

based on BC's i'm considering the eld-m 140, 147, and rdf 140. Anyone have experience with these to give a suggestion?

All 3'of those bullets will shoot for you. What are you asking really?

Which bullet "shoots" the best? That's a subjective opinion @ best because it depends what your Barrel will shoot the best. Only way to know that is to try all 3.

OR

you csn can just pick 1 bullet and do load development formtnsnd find the best node and stick with it.

Are you looking for a load to just just copy off of?

Not to copy, but use as a rough reference point.

As far as which bullet, why not rely on other people's experience and start out with the best possible components and see how the results are from those. I realize it's somewhat subjective, but some bullet designs can make them very hard to work with for example and I've never used either product line.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's a sub-section in the forum named "Reloading Depot" (hint: it's listed after the "Reloading" section) with threads dedictated to specific calibers where members list their "pet" loads. Find the thread for the 6.5s and do some research.

My DTA 260 factory barrel shoot just about everything well. It was the easiest load I have ever worked up. Actually all 3 barrels were pretty easy. The 260 even bugholed a load I worked up for my old rifle that I found laying around. Lapua brass, h4350, and your favorite 140 bullets is a good start. I'm still shooting the 140 amax but based on feedback from another member, there are 1000 Barnes match burners sitting on the safe for when I finish these.