• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a 30 cal can

dm250

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2008
Hi All,

As the title says I am in the market for a 30 cal can just for recreational fun shooting. I am hopping to use it on a couple guns. I would Iike to use it on my 300blk and ar-10 for plinking (nothing serious, just fun with friends) and on my .308 and 6.5 bolt guns.

I am not shooting crazy amounts of 300blk or 7.62 at rapid fire rates and I have no intentions of rolling around in mud while busting through doors so I am not looking for a Surefire “duty” type can. I am more interested in sound signature, size and weight.

I was eyeing the TBAC Magnus, Nomad LTi XC, OCL Hydrogen L, CGS Hyperion, and Enticer L-Ti but I actually know very little about 30 cal cans. This will be my first. For reference I currently have a Hux flow 556, an RC2, Rad9, and BDE 22, so am still fairly new to suppressor world.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And for budget I was hoping to keep it under $1200 but I know the TBAC are up there in price however my budget is not that fixed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds like you’re prioritizing overall suppression?

A can with baffles designed for supersonic rifle cartridges will not sound great for subsonic 300blk.

High performance cans perform well in more applications than not.

IE 338 ultra is great on 300 blackout subs.
Probably just based on volume though, no? Also that’s a ridiculous can to put on your 8” 300blk carbine. 😂

Hi All,

As the title says I am in the market for a 30 cal can just for recreational fun shooting. I am hopping to use it on a couple guns. I would Iike to use it on my 300blk and ar-10 for plinking (nothing serious, just fun with friends) and on my .308 and 6.5 bolt guns.

I am not shooting crazy amounts of 300blk or 7.62 at rapid fire rates and I have no intentions of rolling around in mud while busting through doors so I am not looking for a Surefire “duty” type can. I am more interested in sound signature, size and weight.

I was eyeing the TBAC Magnus, Nomad LTi XC, OCL Hydrogen L, CGS Hyperion, and Enticer L-Ti but I actually know very little about 30 cal cans. This will be my first. For reference I currently have a Hux flow 556, an RC2, Rad9, and BDE 22, so am still fairly new to suppressor world.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And for budget I was hoping to keep it under $1200 but I know the TBAC are up there in price however my budget is not that fixed.

Thanks!
I can tell you from thousands of rounds through mine... The TBAC Magnus, OCL Hydrogen-L, and DA Nomad-LT are all 3 insanely quiet, good sounding, and precision rifle cans. You cannot go wrong with either of the 3. The TBAC will blow your budget of $1,200 for sure, but it's a REALLY nice can, and worth the price, if you decide to drop the extra coin.

But if you are wanting to get your feet wet in the "big .30" can market, the OCL Hydrogen-L is the most cost-effective of the 3, and sounds just as good and has just as little POI shift, and shoots groups just as tight as the others. @AndrewKing is really building some amazing cans.

My recommendation is the OCL Hydrogen-L, due to your set budget limitation. You will be quite impressed with its performance.

OSS/HUXWRX 762, or new 762 Flow TI, have treated me very well. I used the Flow on hunting trips to reduce weight and run the standard 762 on everything. Village bicycle. I chose these due to their low backpressure designs and run them on AKs and SCAR rifles that are notoriously over gassed.

Reactions: JoeZ
Probably just based on volume though, no? Also that’s a ridiculous can to put on your 8” 300blk carbine. 😂
It makes a nice 18" package that sounds great.

It's also just a fun example of something designed around a very different cartridge that's great on subs. The gen 2 338 made much bigger gains on subs and 308 vs the gen 1 than on 338lm.

If a semi is what you're suppressing and your not too keen on tuning the rifle when on and "detuning" for off, the Hux should be seriously considered. I have run a few baffled "flow through" on my AR10's and they just aren't a "drop in fit" and you do eat some gas. You could check out some videos on bolt speed increase and such between some major players in the suppressor realm.

Care to explain why it doesn't fit the OP criteria?
Most of the other cans he is considering are Titanium. The cans you mentioned will be twice the weight. They’re also not a well known company with a good reputation (they may or may not be good to go, there’s just not much data on them).

Silencerco. I had issues with 2 of there supressora sent them in and got back 2 co pretty new looking suppressors no questions asked. Note I have shot the hell out of them for 7 years and broke them.
I particularly like the hybrid for 30 blackout stuff

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all the feedback.

To answer a couple of the questions, for the AR’s the 300blk does not have an adjustable gas block but the 7.62 does. As mentioned I am just plinking with friends so I am not overly concerned about having a perfectly functions AR.

As mentioned originally I am more interested in sound signature, size, and weight.

As others have pointed out not really interested in PTP or Hux. Different category of cans. Looking for high performance light weight cans

I really really want the Magnus but at almost half the price and very similar sound performance A lot less weight I just keep coming back to the Enticer L-Ti (or the Hyperion).

Does anyone have any really good points to justify a Magnus over the Enticer or Hyperion. Especially for a average Joe first time 30 cal can user.

I have a magnus, great can but if I had to do it over again I’d have saved the money and gotten an enticer LTi for half the money with pretty much the same performance. They’re only a couple hours away from me too.

I haven’t shot my flow 762 yet (or flow 556k) but the 762 is supposed to do pretty good on bolt guns, seems like a pretty good do all 30 cal can.

I have a magnus, great can but if I had to do it over again I’d have saved the money and gotten an enticer LTi for half the money with pretty much the same performance. They’re only a couple hours away from me too.

I haven’t shot my flow 762 yet (or flow 556k) but the 762 is supposed to do pretty good on bolt guns, seems like a pretty good do all 30 cal can.

I was speaking with the owner of my local gun shop where I buy most of my cans and SBR’s and he said the same thing. He actually has a Magnus in stock (he said they are very hard to keep in stock and if I wanted it I should jump on it now) and obviously he would make more money selling that to me but he said for my application the Enticer LTi is a much better deal. He also said him and alot of the guys in the shop have spent a lot of time behind the Enticer and the Hyperion and the Hyperion is an amazing can but for less money and less weight the Enticer is just a hair higher the ranking scale.

So naturally I just impulse bought the Enticer LTi. Already got the eForms Application Submission Notification email in my inbox.

Once I get that magical “approved” email ill post my review and thoughts on it after I get some rounds through it.

Reactions: Jnull