• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Looking for a Blaze Orange wool beanie

siscoe308

Dimachaerus
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2012
Usa
I’ve been sniffing about for a quality wool beanie in blaze orange.

Seems Filson has one but reviews claim it is on the smaller size.
Any leads or tips would be appreciated!

Can't speak to wool but I just picked up Carhartt's fleece blaze orange bennie and am VERY pleased that my ears no longer feel like they're gonna fall off in the deer stand.

Put a wood stove in your deer stand. I'm using propane this year, but next year I'm going wood. No foggy windows, no issues starting it when it's below zero, and the deer could give zero shits.

As for the OP, check this out:

How is the weight of that beanie? Good down to what temperature?
I'll admit I don't have that exact beanie but I have lots of their other stuff. Merino is the best thing I've found against the skin. I'd wager for me personally it would probably be good to about 20 or so. If you need more id layer with a balaclava and/or hood as well. I will second that the carhartt beanies that are like knit on the outside with a fleece layer on the inside are nice and warm for cheap, but you would have to find an orange one. Usually a basic one layer wool beanie is enough for me in the majority of conditions.

Filson, Duckworth (made in Montana)
may have to check Schnee's or other retailers of their products

Is there a specific reason to only want a wool version?? I ask as I have used several types over the years, none failed to do the job. They all worked well even with different materials and styles.

Is there a specific reason to only want a wool version?? I ask as I have used several types over the years, none failed to do the job. They all worked well even with different materials and styles.
I like wool.
Warmer/ lighter/ tougher/ moisture wicking/ odor control/ breathability...well I like wool.

I guess I'm thinking of the older "grandma knitted" style that gets hung up on any twig within reach. LOL There's some really nice merino wool styles out there. I got quite a collection thanks to Uncle Sam passing them out.

Reactions: siscoe308