• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for a good quality large duffel

medicjim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2002
New Jersey, USA
I want to buy a large duffel (approx 32-34" length). Have any of you purchased one under $100 that wasn't complete crap?

This item will sit on a table in a ski lodge, so anything from a premium vendor will be too much temptation for a thief...

What are you going to use it for? The North Face 'Base Camp Duffel' is bomb proof and they make several sizes. I've used them for work and travel for several years and have been very happy with them.

Another happy North Face base camp duffel owner here. I have had mine for over 10 years and traveled all over the place with it and never had a problem. If it ever wears out, I will definitely get another one.

Voodoo Tactical Mojo bag from Delta Outdoorsman, hide member Ceylon C. Usually around $100 and tough to beat for the money.

Another vote for The North Face Base Camp Duffel. I've had mine for 7-8 years and it has survived numerous camping, fishing, canoe, and caving trips from Patagonia to New Zealand.

Last edited:
another vote for Ceylon and the Delta Outdoorsman. Grab a Mojo load out bag from VooDoo. I've had mine for 3 years. No complaints, no issues

A16 for economic sit on a table all cheap kit inside duffle.

Anything tactical at a ski resort may bring more than you belong with the ski crowd eyes depending on the AO.

TNF are solid but the zipper opening could be better.

WildThings Burro is hard wearing good design duffle, the WT yellow pig the best on the planet but high dollar. I have several of WT and all have been drug stuffed full with kit across the Talkeetna and other airports.

Amazon.com: Olive Drab Standard Top Load Canvas Duffle Bag (21" x 36"): Clothing
I took one of these that I picked up at a surplus store to Iraq and its pretty damn tough. I prefer this kind to the 2 strap variation listed above. These are much tougher and the material is thicker. The downside is there is only one strap to throw over one shoulder. This could be good though if you already have a pack on, as I found. I could throw this over one shoulder with my big pack with no problem.
I was issued the 2 strap kind in boot camp in 04 and IMO they suck. One of mine tore on my first deployment and this thicker one is tough as nails and went through a lot more mishandling on my second deployment. Plus, its cheap

I am going to try the 30in mto from pioneer outdoor gear. They are supposed to have a awesome warranty and for $45 I am willing to try one.

Another nod for North Face base camp. OP mentioned not from a major brand for theft prevention...cover the North Face logo with a patch of your choice and you are set.